Dan River Route(Still updating)

diesel9

Southern Serves the South
This 40-50 mile route is between Danville,Virginia, and Greensboro and Burlington,North Carolina and Even Eden,North Carolina and other smaller towns.It's usually Norfolk Southern Trains and is based on a REAL Route!!! Okay a few pictures to start off with.More will be coming!!:)

Shot at 2007-07-25

A Norfolk Southern Train passing through the Dan River

Shot at 2007-07-25

These tracks go to at least 5 different industries.

Shot at 2007-07-25

Here's some more industries not far from the picture above.

these two pictures is the historic Dan River Mills(now closed and dead for about 2 years).

Shot at 2007-07-25

West Side of Danville,Includes two Main tracks and a branch line at the right that goes to more industries in Eden,North Carolina.

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Last edited:
Well the route sounds interesting its just that the track work looks bad. :(
I think if you fix the track and add some terrain you would be in good buisness.
But other than that I like the concept. :)
Good luck. :)

Thanks a lot.I'm still updating the route so you haven't seen nothing yet but i'm still going to post more screenshots.

Cozmo, you can't blame em' no matter ow much people say it its gonna happen.

BTW, nice route, and concept. Its just those tracks that need fine tuning.
Cheers.
Sean

Here's an update on the route with new tracks!!(It took me hours to have the new tracks on the route.)More pictures soon!! Most Likely tommorow.

Shot at 2007-07-26

This picture above is the Pomona Yard in Greensboro,NC the two tracks on the left is the Main Tracks and the other tracks are yard tracks 6 total.The tracks on the far right goes to a diesel fuel industry.

That awesome:)! And do you will add diesel refueling on yards??? And it finally that tracks is NEAT so I proud of you:p! KEEP UP, diesel9!

Looks great! One tip, use the least spline points as possible. And use the "straighten spline" button at the bottom.

Good work, keep it up!

Here's another picture showing a NS Sd-40 in Eden,NC coupling to some flatcar.It's the new tracks and a good picture of the weeds too.

Shot at 2007-07-26

Great Work

Niice the NS SD40-2/ whitehead horse:)! That awesome! And please moreee pictures in here please:D!

(THUMB UP!)(THUMB UP)(THUMB UP!):):wave:

I'll have more tommorow.It's getting late here on the east coast and It takes a long time to load up the route.

I'll have more tommorow.It's getting late here on the east coast and It takes a long time to load up the route.

Yeah that sure no problem also samething here I live in East Coast LOL! So that awesome and I can't wait see your route pictures in here!:)

Here's some New Screenies!!:D

Shot at 2007-07-27

A NS Sd70-M(From US Trainz) going through a searchlight signal.

Shot at 2007-07-27

Same train from above with some NS autoracks(from TPR.com) the right branch line goes to Eden,NC(updated picture from the first page.)Two Main Lines too(This picture is in Danville.)

Shot at 2007-07-27

Different View of the same picture above but a different train.

Shot East Side of Danville(really bad place there)That shows a Branch Line turning into three more Branches and each one goes to a different industry.The Main Lines(One to Lynchburg first and another goes to both South Boston,Va and Lynchburg,VA.)

I'm planing to make more screenshots and upload them later on tonight.STAY TUNED!!

Back