Pennsylvania & Berwind, Version 2010 (Large Images)

ApproachMedium

Youtube dude
Disregard the Clinchfield loco's, I was just using them as a test. I usually run Conrail or CSX.

This is Pleasantville.

acbdfaqoz201003110004.jpg

acbdfaqoz201003110003.jpg

acbdfaqoz201003110001.jpg

acbdfaqoz201003110002.jpg

acbdfaqoz201003110000.jpg

-Joe

10acbdfaqoz201003110004j

Why the hugely, huge screenshot dimmensions ? It looks like any old dimly lit street...I see very little quality content. I have a rather high end PC with a 3Mbs connection...and it takes forever to load these huge screenshots...no telling what for dialup users ?

Why the hugely, huge screenshot dimmensions ? It looks like any old dimly lit street...I see very little quality content. I have a rather high end PC with a 3Mbs connection...and it takes forever to load these huge screenshots...no telling what for dialup users ?

That's why there's a heads up in the thread title.

I also never said anything about "quality content" I am simply upgrading a 2004 route I like to 2010 and am sharing.

I have a high end computer as well and have no problems loading pictures and I have a crappy internet connection.

-Joe

I am also happy you said it looks like any normal dimly lit road. If it looked like anything different it wouldn't be a road in a town in the middle of nowhere. If you said it looked like an abnormal ally way I'd be worried.

-Joe

Working on the Mine 78 area. Being the largest coal mine on the route I figured it should look like it. Still adding buildings and details. The scale house is a new addition.

acbdfaqoz201003210005.jpg

acbdfaqoz201003210008.jpg

acbdfaqoz201003210009.jpg

-Joe

Working on the Mine 78 area. Being the largest coal mine on the route I figured it should look like it. Still adding buildings and details. The scale house is a new addition.
-Joe

I like the additions.
I think PBS coal has capacity to load 60 car trains compared to Mine 78's 50 car capacity. Incidently, the track configurations for those mines on this route are exact replicas of the each of their own actual prototype mines' track schematics in western Pennsylvania. Norfolk Southern still serves them today!

So at this point in time, I have decided to give up on trying to update the 2004 P&B route to 2010. Sorry. However, I decided to rebuild the entire route in 2010 in native mode, with a some changes. Not many changes, but some better track arrangements and most likely additional overall length.

The next few pictures are of the Grafton Yard area, completely rebuilt, with a new loco servicing track and yard office. This is in just one evening's work.

acbdfaqoz201004150004.jpg

acbdfaqoz201004150003.jpg

acbdfaqoz201004150002.jpg

acbdfaqoz201004150001.jpg

acbdfaqoz201004150000.jpg

I should apologize for the huge screen shots. I honestly have no idea how to size them down, and what the standard resolution to use is.

-Joe

Well, you could get yourself a free program, which does it in a few clicks.
There are a lot of free pseudo-photoshops out there.... And some are quite easy to use.
:)
Cheerio!
A.

Just got Photoshop CS3. Is 1024x768 too big of a resolution to use? My moniters are at HD resolution, I forgot what the size is. I thought it was imageshack that made the images huge. When I used photobucket the images were too small.

-Joe

-i like it and have no problems with huge screen shots. my only complaint would be in the very first photo. the fence with the barbed wire on top. i would go to a regular fence unless it was a security area of some sort but looks good.!
-Joe

-i like it and have no problems with huge screen shots. my only complaint would be in the very first photo. the fence with the barbed wire on top. i would go to a regular fence unless it was a security area of some sort but looks good.!
-Joe
A lot of areas use barbed wire fences along the lines in areas pron to trespassers... It acts as a good barrier and makes people think twice about climbing over.

Back