A Locomotive with a low-ceiling for tunnels?

ish6

Since 2001
Hey all --

I've been searching with no luck for a locomovie with a low-ceiling that can fit inside subway tunnels!

They're all big! -- However, jf there's none, perhaps someone who made an engine can modified there's to fit into a subway tunnel! -- I have the crane car, among others, but unfortunately making engines is not in my skill set, sorry!

Anyhow, please let me know if there's a engine this low at the DLS, etc

Thank you
Ish :wave:

ex: [video=youtube;_Qv4TmRuJ7M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=5&v=_Qv4TmRuJ7M[/video]

I'm not sure about that particular style. But someone made the London Underground Battery-Powered locomotives for Trainz; they're on the DLS by Mick_Berg.

peter

To add to this, Ish someone made a "subway" painted loco. It was originally Australian but was painted yellow for the subway system. I can't remember the original author or the one that reskinned the model; they could be one and the same.

I'm not sure about that particular style. But someone made the London Underground Battery-Powered locomotives for Trainz; they're on the DLS by Mick_Berg.

peter

Thank you Peter!

http://www.nycsubway.org/wiki/Locomotives,_1965-Present

I think that these are diesel-electric switchers with modified cabs.

Thanks Jeff for the info!

To add to this, Ish someone made a "subway" painted loco. It was originally Australian but was painted yellow for the subway system. I can't remember the original author or the one that reskinned the model; they could be one and the same.

Thank you, John, sir, I'll give the DLS a good search -- Maybe I get lucky!

Again, thank you all for your posts!!! :wave:

Ish

Ish

Try these locomotives by NSWGR_46Class

VR Flat Top T (EMD G8) T413

WA FMG GE C36-7M

NSWGR 72 Class

NSWGR 71 Class

NSW LVRM 47 Class SSR TS12 SP1 HF4

Also look at the Class 70 locos. These look more like your tunnel engines.

Last edited:
Ish

Try these locomotives by NSWGR_46Class

VR Flat Top T (EMD G8) T413

WA FMG GE C36-7M

NSWGR 72 Class

NSWGR 71 Class

NSW LVRM 47 Class SSR TS12 SP1 HF4

Also look at the Class 70 locos. These look more like your tunnel engines.

John, sir, thanks good buddy for taken the time for this! Appreciate it deeply!

I just finished putting the final teaches on a flatbed car specifically for subway tunnels since these tunnels are narrower and in low in ceiling; And reskinned one of Magicland's subway car as a maintenance car!

Thanks again, John!!!

:D :wave:

Ishie

That will work great I'm sure. I measured the height of the locos by matching them up to one of Magicland's subway cars. If the engines weren't taller than the subway car, I figured they might work okay. Some are even a similar design. :D

John

That will work great I'm sure. I measured the height of the locos by matching them up to one of Magicland's subway cars. If the engines weren't taller than the subway car, I figured they might work okay. Some are even a similar design. :D

John

Wife and daughters soon leaving to stay with her mom for two days, so I got the whole place to myself, so basically will be trainz (maybe install TANE finally and see how HF2 goes tomorrow) -- Try all of these engines out, and see which one is the perfect matche, since I only need one, and hopefully get permission to reskin it as a work car! :wave:

Thanks again, John!

Ishie

Back