Signal commands

charchan

I am new to Trainz 12. I have created something. I add US signal light at a switch. When I run the train the light is red. There is no other train on the on coming track. I don't know how to set the signal commands so that it will turn green.
Can someone help??

Thanks
Charles :eek:

Welcome to the forums.

Does the signal turn green if there is a train in front of it? If not, and it's at a junction, check that the junction is set for the train.

Shane

Thanks for your reply.
I still don't understand. I have the signal before a switch / is that a junction? If so where do I go to set it. Will the setting just work for one train? Is there some place that I can get detailed instruction for setting up signals?
Charles

Hello and welcome to the forums here and to Trainz.

Some signals will always display red by default and only change their aspect when a train is on the tracks in front of them.

You may find these tutorials, which were written for a much earlier version of Trainz but are still pertinent today and should be helpful.

http://trains.0catch.com/tutorial.html

John

There are many different types of signals in Trainz, many do not need setting up others need additional items on the diverging tracks to indicate the routes. They all need to see additional signals on the diverging tracks to show a correct aspect on the signal as the train approaches the junction/switch. The signals will automatically change as the train approaches or be set in advance if a correct sequence of signals has been placed.

It might help if you were to say which signals you are using so that people can give the correct advice for those signals.

Edit - The tutorial John mentions will be very useful to understand the basics of setting up signals in Trainz.

Last edited:
If you right-click on the signal itself in driver, it will give you info on what it is doing,
cheers,
Mike

If you right-click on the signal itself in driver, it will give you info on what it is doing,
cheers,
Mike

If you place the mouse cursor over a signal it may tell you what it is doing. Some signals don't give any information.

A buffer or end stop is also a signal, so if you place buffers at the ends of your sidings then the signal at the junction (also called switch or points) can see the buffer as an always red signal.

Trevor

Back