Keyboard Commands

rhban

Is there somewhere a complete list of keyboard commands? I mean I know H or Horn and G for change to old fashioned miles and Fn 5 for cutting out everything except the red & green switch arrows, but I'm sure there are more, and I would love a list.

Yes, there is.

Open the launcher. Open the game. Do not open anything to run or edit it.

Instead, click on the three-horizontal-line button in the upper left corner of the screen.

A menu will drop down. Select Settings.

A new window will open. In the left column of this window, click Control Settings.

In the right column of the window, you will find an EDITOR for all the keyboard commands.

Being careful to avoid accidentally changing any of the settings, you can view all of the keyboard commands.

There are three sets, Driver, Surveyor, and Other. A fourth option All will display all three sets together.

You`re welcome. For what it`s worth, I have Trainz22PE build 123801, and I do not know when the feature was added. By the way, there are a LOT of keystroke commands listed in mine.

As I discovered. I haven't got round to examining them yet. I just took a series of screen shots of them all. Most of the commands are not ones I would ever want to use, and the only reason I wanted to look was because some kind person told me a key that got rid of the red-green switch arrows that I really don't want to see. Especially at night.

Oh. That one`s in the View menu, the one that looks like a TV, as I recall. I don`t recall in greater detail at the moment, nor have a working Trainz on /this/ computer to check with.

I agree. Not the right place for the functionality you want. A Rule would be more suitable, and I think that there might be a couple that include this, but as I said above, it is available in the View menu. Have you tried looking in the View menu yet?

I agree. Not the right place for the functionality you want. A Rule would be more suitable, and I think that there might be a couple that include this, but as I said above, it is available in the View menu. Have you tried looking in the View menu yet?
Yes. I found them OK, but not sure I want to use them that way.

Well, if you can find one of the rules that sets that, you can set up your sessions to start whichever way you want it, regardless of what value that setting had when you loaded the session [at least in driver]. I believe that the setting in question will persist until something changes it. Unfortunately, session authors do not always agree with session users on which way that setting should be set. I have had problems with assets that hide them when I want them shown, and it sounds like you are having the exact opposite issue.
If memory serves, you are likely to already have one or two of those rules installed (I think that they were built-in in some of my old installs), and I`m sure that there are some available on the DLS. Depending on your taste, you can use one that sets very few settings, or one that sets most of them.

Back