Western Pacific items, trainz or trains, all is good...

I really need to buy a few of those GP units...besides the mandatory WP/SN ones, they haz my beloved MKT/Katy!

Nice shot and vid.

I just discovered that SP apparently stranded two shortish Western Pacific coaches along with the longer SP Pullmans at the SP station here in Calistoga, CA. (connecting track was torn out in the late 80's)
If there is any interest I can try to get some pictures maybe. These have all been converted to shops btw.

I just discovered that SP apparently stranded two shortish Western Pacific coaches along with the longer SP Pullmans at the SP station here in Calistoga, CA. (connecting track was torn out in the late 80's)
If there is any interest I can try to get some pictures maybe. These have all been converted to shops btw.

That would be neat if you can photo them.

Time for a WP break. A pair of Uboats and a pair of geeps struggle to get their 4th sub train rolling out of Keddie. It's Nov 1982 and the connection with BN at Bieber CA is no longer a terminal for pool power due to the pending UP merger. Hence older GE power has been activated to protect highline trains.

:Y:
very nice indeed, is that a model of the Keddie area? Awesome to see.

Yeah, it's an impressionistic version of the area. It's part of a selective compression of the line between Keddie and Bieber. It has a model railroad feel to it.

pdkoester_20140729_0000.jpg
pdkoester_20140729_0002.jpg
pdkoester_20140729_0003.jpg

Back