Looking for Union Pacific E8 diesels?

AFdude06

Does anybody know where I get find Union Pacific E8’s (like my Rapido models pictured), preferably free? The assets I’ve seen on the DLS are pretty old, and Trainz Forge only has E7’s. If anybody can share info I would really appreciate it.

IMG_6196.jpeg

IMG_6193.jpeg

Thanks! 😁
-Tony

Hi Rico! I checked Trainz Forge again, but the only UP locos I see are ALCO PA’s, FA’s, GE GTEL’s and a Baldwin Centipede. Maybe you were looking at the PA’s? Unless the E8 wouldn’t be showing for some reason.
-Tony

Hi Rico! I checked Trainz Forge again, but the only UP locos I see are ALCO PA’s, FA’s, GE GTEL’s and a Baldwin Centipede. Maybe you were looking at the PA’s? Unless the E8 wouldn’t be showing for some reason.
-Tony
Yeah,sorry.

I was going by the paint scheme in your pics. Oops?

I found 4, E8's on the DLS, based on magiclands originals.

<kuid2:905097:101197:1> SLRG/Ex WSOR E9A - Realistic Repaint
<kuid2:905097:100941:1> SLRG/Ex IC E8A
<kuid2:905097:101199:1> WSOR E9A #103
<kuid2:905097:100943:1> SLRG/Ex WSOR E8A

I'm looking at the textures to see if I can skin up a UP livery.

I'll get back to you shortly

EDIT: Your original screenshots seem to have lost there links?
There's just two .jpeg placeholder icons showing now.

Rico

-Tony
Yeah Rico doesn't know what he is looking at.... I surely don't see any E8's in what your looking for but i see an Illinois Central E8 Locomotive on there on one of the pages... Good Luck getting the UP E8's Tony... Cheers

Diecastgalore and msgsapper both have UP E8 COLA engines on the DLS:

<kuid2:439337:101890:1> UP_E8A_COLA
<kuid:78865:942> up e8a cola

I think COLA stands for City of Los Angeles. Both models are reskins and somewhat showing their age.

Thanks for the help everyone! I forgot to mention that I am a little experienced at reskinning, and could make them from good meshes. 😉

@AFdude06 - I looked at the IC E8's by jacksonbarno, on TrainzForge.

Reskinning to the UP livery would be some work, but do-able. I transposed the logos and nixed the wide side stripes pretty easily. Would not be a difficult reskin, just a bit fiddly, LOL
The problem is the trainz version of the locos, i.e. 2.9. To upload to the DLS I'd need to update them to at least 3.7, and having never attempted a diesel loco upgrade, I have no idea what problems I'd encounter.

If it was a straight up reskin, no problem.

I suppose you could request the livery from jacksonbarno himself? He'd have his original livery templates to work from, making the job much easier.
Who knows, E8's in UP livery might already be planned?

Rico

I am unable to see your images. If they are on a public image site, you can paste the link to them using the "insert image" icon that looks like a picture, between the chain and the smiley face. If they are not on a public site, you may need to upload them to the Trainz Gallery and link from there, although I have been reading that Trainz Gallery has been having issues over the holidays.

I am unable to see your images. If they are on a public image site, you can paste the link to them using the "insert image" icon that looks like a picture, between the chain and the smiley face. If they are not on a public site, you may need to upload them to the Trainz Gallery and link from there, although I have been reading that Trainz Gallery has been having issues over the holidays.
It's weird. When I initially viewed the first posts images, they were clear. Then the next time I came back to this thread, no images.
Same thing happened after @AFdude06 posted his second set of pics, I come back, and poof, no images.

Maybe they are set to private viewing wherever he is hosting them?

Rico

Dunno. The only option I get is to open in a new tab. When I go to the tab, it is blank. When I hit refresh it just says "Gone".

Back