Zwab's screenies

Zwabberaar

There can be only One!
I just realized I don't have my own personal screenshot topic. Now I do.

Hohenzollern_16_1024.jpg

Hohenzollern_17_1024.jpg

Hohenzollern_18_1024.jpg

Nice work. Is that your own route?

Todd

Thank you Todd. It is indeed my own route. It is a work in process and not nearly finished. At the moment I have overdone the level of details a bit, so I will need to re-organize some forests... there is room left for a forestry, so it shouldn't be a problem :hehe: . Before I start cutting trees though, I will get some extra RAM next week and see how much "better" the FPS becomes. I run on 1 GB at the moment and that is not nearly enough nowadays.

Very nice screen shots!:Y: Is that a German switcher?

Thank you both Seth and Dietrich.

The engine is build by MaK ( Vossloh ) in germany but this livery is of the Dutch Railroad company ( Nederlandse Spoorwegen ( NS )) who bought 120 of these engines between 1985 and 1989. They are designed to pull heavy goods trains when upto 4 engine are "connected" to each other ( I don't know the English expression for it ).

Here is an example from a goods train pulled by three 6400's leaving Utrecht.

Railion_Class_6400.jpg

Very nice photograph Zwab, I remember seeing these types of locos on my trips across to Holland in the 1980's. Unsure what you'd call 4 locos coupled together, quadruple-headed, probably......:hehe:
I do remember during the late 1970's, British Steel opened its iron ore terminal at Port Talbot Docks in South Wales and 3 x Class 37 locomotives used to work the 3,000 ton iron ore trains daily to Llanwern Steel Works, this was a wonderful sight to see these huge trains, possibly the only booked service utilising 3 locomotives attached, on a daily routine within the British Rail network......sadly, no more though. :'(

Cheerz. ex.

Very nice photograph Zwab, I remember seeing these types of locos on my trips across to Holland in the 1980's. Unsure what you'd call 4 locos coupled together, quadruple-headed, probably......:hehe:
I do remember during the late 1970's, British Steel opened its iron ore terminal at Port Talbot Docks in South Wales and 3 x Class 37 locomotives used to work the 3,000 ton iron ore trains daily to Llanwern Steel Works, this was a wonderful sight to see these huge trains, possibly the only booked service utilising 3 locomotives attached, on a daily routine within the British Rail network......sadly, no more though. :'(

Cheerz. ex.

Unfortunately I didn't take that photograph myself but found it on wikipedia, but it IS a great shot indeed.

Must have been awesome to see those huge ore trains and it is sad that a lot of freight takes the road instead of the RR nowadays. Fortunately we have this simulator to re-live those days.

I have some steam shots as well:.

M_Route_1024_01.jpg

M_Route_1024_02.jpg

M_Route_1024_03.jpg

Back