ZecRail Trainz Content

Not my video, so wouldn't know lol. Thanks Michael for working it out (I see a comment in the youtube video that mentions it as well).

For Butler57. I'll be slowly going through some of my content to ensure it will work in T:ANE. From what I've seen, most of my content should work without issues. Any issues that do come up, I'll try to release updates for. I won't be upgrading any really old content (older than 5-6 years) to full T:ANE spec, however I'm looking at giving all of my DLC packs an upgrade to bring them closer to T:ANE spec in the near future. I'm also looking at either updating, or rebuilding, some of my freeware content to the same. Will see how I go though, as there's a fair bit to go through :)

As it stands, my priority is the M class alongside the Procedural Track :)

Regards

Hi All
I'm quite pleased to say that the M class is getting very close to release :)

TANE%202015-06-09%2018-51-07-68.jpg

I've finally finished adding scripted features, although I need to do some work on the scripts to get them tidied up. All texturing, and basic modeling is completed as well; including reflection maps/etc. :) All that is left now, apart from finishing off the scripts, is to do the LOD, which I hope to start either tonight, or later in the week :)

As you might see from the screenshots, the pack will cover two variants. To the left is the steam braked version with painted wheels and number plates on the tanks. To the right is the air braked version, with burnished/polished wheel faces, class and number plates on the headstocks, and a few other details that differ from the steam braked version. Both versions come with custom cab views, and will hopefully have the 'digital' speedo option that I included on the Dd class locos. In addition, I'm considering including a 'generic' version of the cab views to allow them to be used on other locos if desired. Since the cab views use the 'outside-visible-from-inside' tag, and some scripting, to show the exterior model 'around' the cab view, it will only work on the M class model. Hence a generic version with this turned off, and the exterior model manually 'attached' should improve this.

For those who are interested, I have also uploaded a short video of the air braked M class on a suburban passenger train from Lilydale. Although I've since made a few improvements and changes (such as the bogies), it does show off the current sound set quite well. :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-YGfVeMPk8

Which leads to the final part of this post!

I have added quite a few new features, as well as including existing features to the M class. There's a few extra sound effects, such as brake groan/squeal when you apply the brakes (these are somewhat tied to the speed as well, with 3 different sound effects available), as well air hiss sounds when you apply and release the air brakes (only on the air braked version). Plus the new handling for animated windows from the TANE versions of the DD class of course :)

I have also setup a 'working' reverser on the M class, which will put all of the valve gear into forward, neutral, or reverse depending on the position of the reverser wheel. I have to say, this is a feature I've been thinking of trying for several years now, and I'm honestly very please with how it looks, and to see it working! :) You might be able to see this in the above video as well...

Till next time!
Zec

new-vr-steamer-87.jpg

Slowly working closer and closer to release now :)

I've started on the LOD, which in this case actually means adding more detail first (making 3D versions of texture details), then working on the lower LODs :)

I'm actually quite pleased with how the details look, especially the rivets around the copper flare on the chimney :)

Regards

Thank Aidyn! :)

At this stage, only the two variants shown a couple of posts back will be included. Prior to the 1920s, the VR kept their locos extremely clean. In particular the green 'period' (pre 1904/5) saw locos being kept highly polished in many cases :) I am, however, looking at possibly doing the simplified 2 tone green livery (basically the same style as the 'DD 560' model from my Type 1 DD class pack :) ), which may include a slightly more weathered model.

Unfortunately, these locos never made it into Canadian Red before being rebuilt to the Me class. I would like to cover these at some point as well, but it is a very extensive rebuild, and would require basically starting the textures from scratch.

Regards
Zec

Right, I was wondering, do you know the whereabouts of anything which came from an M class? I would think some parts, after scrapping, were preserved.

Cheers.

Not that I know of. It's possible that a builders plate may have survived, maybe even a number plate. Beyond that, considering they were all withdrawn/scrapped by the 20/5/1922 (the last 3 were withdrawn on this date), it's highly unlikely. Very few items survive from locos scrapped in this period. The most prominent item from a scrapped loco to survive from this era is a number plate from VR #34 (previously Titania of the Geelong and Melbourne Railway Co) which I'm lead to believe survives, and may be with the ARHS?

Zec

Hi Zec, just wondering if anything has developed with the M class or any other projects? I have been to the ARHS Museum and there is nothing from a M class, shame really, they looked terrific.

You should get restarting on those D class locos in my opinion, I would love a D3 With a custom whistle.

Hi All
Things have been progressing well, if a little quietly :)

I've spent most of the last month working on the LOD for the M class. My aim is to get this to be as efficient as possible; which is proving to be quite challenging with the number of animated parts and submeshes. I have made some improvements to them though :)

I'm really hoping to have them finish as soon as possible, but I am not going to rush this side of things :)

I've got a plan for future steam locos. It's a very fluid plan mind, with a few that are 'as time permits' or 'when bored' in there. These will be announced when they're at a stage that something can be shown.

For the time being, my focus is the M class and then the V class. And we'll see what happens alongside them :)

Regards
Zec

Im yet to decide if I should purchase the M class, but I'm short on cash at the moment, if I wasn't id buy it in a heartbeat, it looks great, what are your plans now?

Cheers

Hi All
I've been having a bit of a break from creating for the last few weeks, getting on top of some stuff around the house lol!

However I have made some progress on the T van :)

oh-look-another-one-09.jpg

I'm rather pleased with the look of the roof now :)

Regards
Zec

TANE%202015-09-05%2000-28-38-91.jpg

DD582 leads a goods toward Lilydale in the afternoon sun.

Very pleased to finally have these T vans in-game and fully working. Just need to setup LOD and loads, and this one will be done :)
Zec

Considering there is a lack of suitable loads for the T vans, I've decided to create a few commodities to go with them :)

The first off the mark is a set of milk churns, complete with a baked normals map :)

TANE%202015-09-05%2018-20-50-11.jpg

Just need to create a LOD for them and they'll be done! :)

Zec

@Zec, cracking Milk Churns; just what the good doctor ordered. They will go nicely with my Q.R Insluated wagons.

Regards,

M.Gitsham

Back