Windows Vista - TC3

Driver_Col

I note a lot of comments re various versions of Trainz vs Vista..... some good.... some not so good.......... some probably confused!

I have just beefed up RAM from 2GB to 6GB and (after the fact) noticed that Windows XP can only handle up to 3GB. This presents the question .... should I upgrade (?) to Vista to take advantage of the extra RAM?

Comments / experience / tips & tricks (relevant to TC3 and Vista working together) would be much appreciated.

Thx. Colin.

With the grief some have suffered trying to run Trainz versions with Vista, I would not. There is some disagreement over just how much RAM trainz can utilize anyway, unless you are going to be using other programs at the same time. I understand that 7 is far better than Vista anyway.

Now, here is a bonus post to dispute everything I just typed:

Only a knucklehead could not run Trainz and Vista together...what are you; stupid? The more RAM the better...who cares how much Trainz can use? Vista is a great OS, I only disparage it because I'm not smart enough to use it!

There...now you have both sides!:D

I think most Vista problems have been do to ram (need 4GB minimum) or early user who had bad drivers. Oh and get the 64 bit ones not 32 bit.

Back