White Pine River Railroad

Matt3985

Hi you all, Im building a fictional duel gauge route that is sort of set up in a Pacific Northwest style of environmental setting. Its a work in progress and if all goes well I might release it as freeware but for now its still a work in progress. I only have a few screenshots so far. I hope you all like it and look forward to it.

white_pine_river_railroad_by_matt3985-d7crbzp.png

fire_them_up_by_matt3985-d7creqo.png

make_way_for_the_new_rotary_by_matt3985-d7bue2f.png

what_a_picture__by_matt3985-d7crcst.png

a_successful_first_test_run_by_matt3985-d7crc6m.png

arriving_at_the_station_by_matt3985-d7crcwf.png

wpr_route_wwii_easter_eggs_by_matt3985-d7crd0p.png

narrow_gauge_heritage_train_by_matt3985-d7crem6.png

More photos coming soon. :) :D

Its an easter egg. There will be various WWII vehicles and airplanes on display in various locations of the route. Before any of you ask, No I am not a Nazi fan but I am a WWII History Nut and there are a mix of more American, British, Germany, Japan, Italian, French, Russian, Australian, Canadian Airplanes, Tanks, and even some Ships all from WWII will be place on the route. Some in open areas, some in very well hidden spots. :) most of them are from this website where you can download it (Warning the website is French) http://www.militarytrainz.com

Last edited:
Hi, If I may make one suggestion...
I really like the route, the scenery you are using, but one ground texture under it it doesn't really look the part (especially in the first photo). Here's a tip: when you are laying the textures hold ] or [ to "swirl" it and make it look a lot better!

I really like the route, the scenery you are using, but one ground texture under it it doesn't really look the part (especially in the first photo). Here's a tip: when you are laying the textures hold ] or [ to "swirl" it and make it look a lot better!

I'll second this it works great and the ground looks a lot better.

Thanks for the tip. I will keep that in mind. :)

Sorry about the delay in screenshots folks I was going to post them up tonight after I did a test run on a new section of the route I just build today but before I could do the test I accidentally force quite trainz to close (Luckly after saving my progress) so I will hopefully be able to once the Database repair is finish and take some photos and hopefully have some posted up for tomorrow. :(:eek::eek::confused:

Sorry for the delay in progress photos but here are some more shots of my route in progress. :)

union_station_yards_by_matt3985-d7xtbci.png

big_union_station_by_matt3985-d7xtblz.png

pioneer_town_by_matt3985-d7xtcak.png

woodville_by_matt3985-d7xtcfs.png

dinkyville_by_matt3985-d7xtd14.png

lake_forest_by_matt3985-d7xtd8f.png

section_gang_camp_siding_by_matt3985-d7xtdq4.png

More to come soon. How does it look so far guys? :)

Unfortunately this is not the first time I work on this route. Back when I had the Mac 1 version I used to have a 30inch gauge logging railroad built on the route that was becoming very scenic thanks with the help of Trainboi1. But when I went and transferred the route into Mac 2 I lost the 30inch gauge section and I don't feel like reworking on it again since the space has been taken over by a new section of line now in the same location. But here are 3 photos to pay tribute to this lost section of this 30inch NG line.

scenic_location_by_matt3985-d7fiv4x.png

timber____by_matt3985-d7fiv0b.png

lumber_load_by_matt3985-d7fiuvi.png

For sure interesting. I like the concept.
Thanks Taylor, I wanted to build something that may not be very realistic but have a semi realistic feel to it. Plus Ive been in this community for 10 years now and I noticed from my perspective that there is no Fully Dual Gauge routes for trainz (most Duel Gauge routes Ive seen only do it in small sections (while it may be realistic) it only gives you a small amount of space to work with this unique type of Operations and while reading about my favorite Narrow Gauge Railroad (The Denver & Rio Grande Western) about their Duel gauge operations from Antoineto to Alamosa it gave me the idea of what if there was a route totally focussed on this unique type of operating as a main line with only the branch lines to be either only Narrow Gauge or Standard Gauge and the idea was born. I will be hopefully taking more screenshots tomorrow I hope. :)

Thanks I will keep that in mind and work on it tomorrow. I just finished adding some industry's that are interactive to the route and added sidings for either storing or passing sidings.

Use the {Brackett} key when you are texturing..It will turn the texture as you are applying,,This should help you to keep away from the pattern look..Suggestion..

Thanks for the tip Bob. :) I will try that out. Also here is a promotional screenshot for my route. I will be posting a lot of special photo seasons by the end of each day this week and this is a preview of whats to follow on Sunday.
dawn_of_the_passenger_age_by_matt3985-d7yjq2o.png

Back