where to find a missing built-in kuid

nahgallaco

Two ATSF coaches have a missing kuid which is built-in
ATSF SS Baggage Car kuid:-25:975 and
ATSF SS Chair Car kuid:-25:974
Both missing kuid:-25:244.
How can I fix them?
Sometimes I have fixed this sort of problem by "reverting to original" but this option is not available in this case.
I do not appear to have the missing kuid even though it says it is built in.
Thanks
Stuart.
PS. I have tried searching the Forum but obviously I haven't chosen the correct topics to find the answer.
I have difficulty using the Forum - finding the correct search words to locate a Topic is not easy.

Last edited:
What build number is your 2012 ?
I've just downloaded it into build 49922 and have the same kuid missing, but into build 58414 it downloads.
Kuid -1:100139 is the same truck, suggest getting that and altering the config file.

Last edited:
Those two KUIDs are only present in TS12 SP1. You would need to find the original KUIDs for the two assets in order to use then in 49922 or lower.

Shane

The build is 49922.
Having spent over 12 months getting things to work in TS12 I am not keen to install SP1, given the problems I have read about on the Forum.
I would like to spend some time running Trainz instead of spending all this time repairing the content to suit build 49922.

Fran1, I changed the kuid you suggested and now have these messages -
An asset must be specified for tag "bogey".
An asset must be specified for tag "bogey". (Yes twice.)
An asset must be specified for tag "1".
Any ideas as to how to fix them?

Shane, If, as you say, the missing kuid only works with SP1, then I would like to have the old cars back. They were no problem.
How can I get the old versions of these 2 cars back again?
I can't export to CDP from an older version of Trainz, where they worked, because they are Built-in items.
Stuart.

Last edited:
Best suggestion, find the cars in cm, r/click select view asset versions. You may find you've still got the kuid -1 version. Delete the kuid -25 version , hopefully that will bring the -1 versions back into use. I think they're built in to build 49922.

What build number is your 2012 ?
I've just downloaded it into build 49922 and have the same kuid missing, but into build 58414 it downloads.
Kuid -1:100139 is the same truck, suggest getting that and altering the config file.
G'day, I had the same problem of the missing kuid:-25:244 but did as you suggested and all went well, when I replace anything in the config file I use the "replace" function and copy and paste the numbers/words in to ensure there are no typos.
Regards
Barrie

I am having this exact same issue right now.

Deleted the -25:244 asset but this does not fix the problem, instead alot of my sessions and consists now list -25:244 as a missing dependency on the DLS and if I download it I get the same error again.
Dear N3V can you leave us 49922 users alone please, this is not the first time an SP1...thing has affected non-SP1 users.

Also, what should I do now?

I am having this exact same issue right now.

Deleted the -25:244 asset but this does not fix the problem, instead alot of my sessions and consists now list -25:244 as a missing dependency on the DLS and if I download it I get the same error again.
Dear N3V can you leave us 49922 users alone please, this is not the first time an SP1...thing has affected non-SP1 users.

Also, what should I do now?
On the rolling sock that use that bogy, replace the bogy kuid with a 3rd party passenger truck.

Replace username "atsf passenger truck"
kind "bogey"
kuid <kuid:-25:244>

Found a replacement for -25:244
It has the same config.txt just a different kuid and paint
A simple re-repaint and passenger car cfg edit your good to go.
DLS

atsf passenger truck
Type: Bogey
Downloaded: 2589
File Size: 313.67 kb
File Type: .cdp
Created by: UnumProvident155
Date: 23rd November 2011
Version: TS2009
KUID: <KUID:591776:100089>

Last edited:
Thank you for your suggestion Xcrossi, but I want back the SP0 version of that bogey before the SP1 version screwed everything up. Can't even find it now. Deleting the new bogey doesn't bring back the obsoleted one.
Why should I waste my time trying to reskin another bogey to match a built-in asset when it's N3V who created this mess in the first place?

I have had the same issue for some time now. This morning I fixed it. I have build 49922.
Load Content Manager 3.6.
Search on ATSF and Location Local.
Click on the ATSF SS Diner.
Right-click and view the config file.
In the bogey section, highlight 100139 and right-click copy.Close the window.
Now select the ATSF SS Baggage Car and right-click Edit inExplorer.
Open the config .txt file. Scroll down and highlight kuid:-25:244 and right-click - paste. (Do not include the < >, so itlooks just like the config file for the ATSF SS Diner config file.
Scroll tothe bottom and delete the entire line with <kuid:-25:244>
Save therevised config file and close the window.
If CM,right-click on ATSF Baggage Car and Commit.
I get anerror warning " Warning: Required tag 'category-class' wasmissing and has been set to default.", but the asset no longer shows upred in my Surveyor consist list.
Repeatthe same steps for the ATSF SS Chair Car.
Now, tosee if I can fix the ATSF F7A which has a similar bogey issue.

Hey Bob,

Thanks for your reply. It worked very nicely. Now's my turn to help.

Open F7A as usual, look in the obsolete table for this asset:
<kuid:-25:5>

Copy that and delete the entire line. Now overwrite this:
<kuid:-25:485>

in both bogey entries and do the same in the kuid table at the bottom. Should be alright now.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

Hi Nicholas,

Thanks for the reply. I fixed it myself by duplicating what was shown in the ATSF F7B asset. It seemed to look OK when I went into Surveyor and placed the loco.

Bill

Back