Portals not adding pre-built consists in TRS2019 SP5

ricomon35

SceneWright
Hello everyone.

Trying to load up some pre-made consists for my Spalt-Georgensgmund route, and I can't get any pre-built consists to load into a portal setup menu.

I can add individual locos and rolling stock, and I can see all of the pre-built consists in the selection sub-menu, but consists will not add to the main portal consist builder menu.

This issue is present regardless of which portal kuid I use.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Rico

Are you placing consists in the Route editor or are you using a separate session?

I have found that using a separate session, not just editing the session layer, works all the time and has since T:ANE.

@JCitron -

I have created a new session, from the main session menu, and I'm editing an inbound portal, in the session layer, of the new session, in surveyor.
I have always done it this way in the past, but I always built up consists manually in the portal menu.

This time, I am trying to add pre-built consists, and they won't show up in the portal consist building menu, after choosing them from the black-box text list consist menu.

Another issue showed up as well. In the same session, testing in driver, running a manually placed consist. I give a drive via command, then a navigate to command, (to a named portal), the train drives correctly, all the way to the portal, but does not enter the portal. It stops at the portal entrance.

Rico

@JCitron -

I have created a new session, from the main session menu, and I'm editing an inbound portal, in the session layer, of the new session, in surveyor.
I have always done it this way in the past, but I always built up consists manually in the portal menu.

This time, I am trying to add pre-built consists, and they won't show up in the portal consist building menu, after choosing them from the black-box text list consist menu.

Another issue showed up as well. In the same session, testing in driver, running a manually placed consist. I give a drive via command, then a navigate to command, (to a named portal), the train drives correctly, all the way to the portal, but does not enter the portal. It stops at the portal entrance.

Rico
That's good to hear you're doing that the right way.

I've run into this issue before and solved the problem by running a database repair. Will that work for you? I honestly don't know but it's worth a try. I could be something else and you may have to delete and replace the portal. This is where the schedule library works well because the drivers can be set up quickly.

I would try the DBR first because it's quicker than the portal replacement.

That's good to hear you're doing that the right way.

I've run into this issue before and solved the problem by running a database repair. Will that work for you? I honestly don't know but it's worth a try. I could be something else and you may have to delete and replace the portal. This is where the schedule library works well because the drivers can be set up quickly.

I would try the DBR first because it's quicker than the portal replacement.
@JCitron - Thanks John

Running an EDBR right now. I'll report back later

Rico

@JCitron - Finished EDBR. Did nothing to fix the issue. No portal works with consists.
I even tried assigning the portals to the session-layer via the portal menus drop-downs.

I am just going to add yards at each end to hold all the different consists and the user can run them by assigning schedule library commands.
I don't understand how to use triggers and wait for trigger commands in a session layer, that's all Greek to me. I've never found anyone's explanations on this forum to be clear enough to even try to
make my own trigger and command setups. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rico

Last edited:
You should open the portal properties window and make sure produce trains is selected. At the bottom select add existing consist. Highlight the consist you want and select the tick at the bottom of the consist list. This places the consist in the portal, and then add a driver.
The second part is to make sure the portal will accept trains and try to use two portals instead of one. If a portal has started the process of creating a train it will not allow another train to enter.

The following could be related to your consist problem as above:
Trainz members I had a job making the portals work in the TRS 2019, would not create or consume train consists only engines came out of the portals.
Well it took ages to figure out the problem.
Please read this article that helps to manage Portals in TRS 2019:

In my case I had the game options incorrectly set:
The portals will NOT work correctly if the Trainz Settings - Dev Tab - Compatibility mode: from the Trainz Launcher is set to Maximize performance.
This setting should be left at Maximize compatibility.

I changed the setting exactly as above and now I can setup individual train consist selecting any truck from the menu.

After doing maintenance like a Prebuild function using the Developer tools I found it best to untick the DEV tools tab before playing the game.

The game is running slightly slower in frame rates but great the portals now working well.

davies_mike57

Back