what does this mean that I did wrong

camawa

I have got some message on some of my more complex industries

Thread exception ER_Nullreference,line 224, file multiindustrynes.gs

stack dumps

<kuid-19:10165> "multiple industtry new"

function $void@multipleindustrynew::performstoppedload(vehicle,string), -1
function $void@baseindustry::performstopped(vehicle,string), line 443

I have a cement factory that takes in 4 different things to make cement and a beer plant that takes in 4 to make 1 thing

My other industries are just 2 things make 1 or a 1 to 1 basis and they work without problems

All ingrediants are on seperate queues. Once again this just proves that computers and I are not a good mix

The faces will appear unless you tick the 'Disable Smilies box' when posting a reply or creating a thread. (with replies, you will need to click Go Advanced).

Looking at the error itself, that indicates that you have not set up the industry correctly, or a product is causing problems.

Shane

The null reference means that something was not a valid object - probably the vehicle.

I don't know much about industries but maybe you should look at asset <kuid:-25:655>

OK I have been playing around a little bit and am confused. I will take as an example the beer company. on Queue 1 barley, queue 2 malt, queue 3 hops, queue 4 empty 2.4 m pallets. queue 6 is beer pallet. Now this gets the red tick on the side. Now if I take barley, malt, hops, and empty pallets and put them all on queue 1 now it works. I had done this before on the cement factory putting 4 things into the same queue and it kept failing. Once I put them on separate queue's it worked. OK for a person who's mind is swissed cheese from working on this map on and off for a few months with a couple start from scratch added in for frustation. Can someone give me multi industry 101 please.

To disable the smilies, you can also use Advanced Editing and wrap CODE and /CODE around what you want to display. If you have a lot to display, it shortens your post considerably as the code window will scroll.

Bill

I've seen several posts over the last year that relate to industries and, from what I can remember, the problem was with the products themselves. I'd try looking at the dependencies for your session/route and keep tracing the dependencies until you can see the products. It is possible that one of those products is faulty.

I vaguely recall that faulty products are concealed. i.e. they don't cause the asset using them to show a problem. Consequently the actual problem doesn't show itself until used in game.

You might try searching the forum for the word products.

Back