Unable to add additional products to cars in surveyor

BarryRiedl

Hello, :wave:
I'm not sure how long I've had this problem or whether it existed before I installed SP1.
This is in TS2010 with SP2 in compatibility mode.
Most of the assets I have tried were made for TS2004 or TS2006.

When I go to add additional products
to the properties of a freight car in surveyor,
the window that comes up when I click on + is Blank. :eek: :confused:

The only thread I've found so far, had the problem as products that were faulty.
But while I've temporarily packed into a CDP and deleted those products which were faulty, the problem persists.

I have no problem loading a car with those products which the car is setup with by default.

Anyone have any fixes/suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
:)
Barry

Hi Barry,

I posted this yesterday in answer to the problem, and it has worked for me and others:

I had the same problem in TS2009 today, (using Native mode) the list of products to add to an industry or traincar was blank.

The problem is that you have a faulty product installed. In CM2 list all the Faulty assets, sort the Type list on the left hand side (click on the column heading Type) then scroll down and find the faulty products grouped.

I had only one with a missing texture file. Deleting this asset fixed the problem, and the product selection box in Surveyor is again populated.

I feel that you still have a faulty product installed, perhaps another search may find it?

Ian

Thanks Ian.
That was it! :D
I had previously set the filter to "Faulty - True",
but this time tried "Faulty Dependencies - True".
I found some snowplows and other loco parts set up as commodities that were missing dependencies.

Thanks again!
:)
Barry

P.S. Wish I had your Temp! It's cold up here in Southern Wisconsin (-5 °C)!

Barry, thanks.

It is a nice 27°C here, now -5 °C, that is stay inside and play with Trainz weather till Spring. :hehe:

Ian

Barry, thanks.

It is a nice 27°C here, now -5 °C, that is stay inside and play with Trainz weather till Spring. :hehe:

Ian
It sure is! :hehe:
I believe yesterday the daytime temp was around 7 °C (wind chills were about 2-4°C),
I was in Williams Bay on Geneva Lake yesterday, and they were trying to put the piers in the lake in that weather!
Though I'm sure they must be used to it.

:D
Barry

P.S. Enjoy your barbecues.

Last edited:
Back