UMR 2013 - Locally modified asset error - troubleshooting & possible solution(s)

zhardoum

Hi all, Started a new thread for this so it is not sidetracked into something else.

Basically some of us (me included) cannot join the UMR mutiplayer session due to a 'locally modified file asset error', this does not effect everyone as some players can run this route with no issues, others like myself feel as though we are banging our heads on a brick wall trying to get this to work, but I have at least found one partial issue that stops me from joining this map.

The culprit appears to be the Settle and Carlisle add on pack, other packs may also cause this issue but as I don't own those I cannot comment and will leave it to others to test.

Here is a breakdown of whats been going on.

2 weeks or so ago bought a new pc and installed trains 12 from scratch, installed the SnC pack and then patched to 58414.
Downloaded the UMR v2.0 multiplayer map and could not join due to 'locally modified file error'. Checked in Content manager, I had no locally modified files or any with missing dependencies.

Today, uninstalled trains 12 completely.
Re-installed, and patched to 58414.
Launched trains, it detected I had bought the Settle and Carlisle pack and started auto installing, CANCELLED the auto install before it could begin.
Went to Content Manager, Downloaded the UMR Multiplayer 2.1 Map
Map installed ok, couple of missing dependencies but they were on the DLS so all good.
Launched trains, again CANCELLED the auto install of Settle and Carlisle.
Went to Mutiplayer, saw the UMR map running connected, had a warning about locally modified asset files but clicked ok and it then found 4 files that needed updating
Having updated the 4 files the map loaded!!! For the first time I managed to get on the map, said hello to Lewiscc65 and left.

So at this point UMR is Working.

Rebooted pc,

Launched trains, allowed the SnC pack to auto install (doesn't even ask permission to do so, it just starts auto installing)..
When the SnC pack had installed, went to run UMR multiplayer 2.1 and same error, locally modified file issue. I can no longer run this map after installing the SnC add on pack.

I am now going to attempt to remove it. Once I have removed it I will post back with an update.

Does anyone know how to stop the Settle & Carlisle pack from being auto installed, it doesn't even ask permission..

Update : I cannot see anywhere to uninstall the Settle & Carlisle pack..! if I goto to routes the option to delete it is greyed out.. with a message saying it is not possible to delete this route.

Therefore, the only thing I can do now is (and I can't believe I am about to say this) is to completely remove Trains 12 again and do a full re-install from scratch but every time I load Trains 12 I will have to manually cancel the auto installing S&C pack install.. what a nightmare.. any one know how to shut this off? I do not want it!!!

Right, re-installing again, will post back with results later.

--- while I wait for the install to finish, it appears someone else has exactly the same error... http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?102454-Multiplayer-and-buyed-content

DOAH.. I didn't pick it up as the Op's use of english threw me off, now knowing what I do and having re-read his post.. my advice is dont install Murchin & SnC and cancel the auto install!!

Quick update : To disable the auto-installing of purchased content, once trains starts, cancel any updates it tries to do for SnC, Murchinsion etc immediately, when you you are 100% its not updating go to options and deselect Automatic installing from DLC.. this will stop the purchased content from being shoved on you (hopefully!).
Currently I have now patched to 58414 and done as I said in the 2 lines above and have now entered the DLC and selected the UMR 2013 v2.1 map for download but due to time constraints its unlikely I will be posting more tonight.

--------------------

The next days update :-
Started Launcher, having removed the Auto DLC update check box option didn't have the SnC pack forced on me, updated the 90 out of date assests and then launched UMR 2013 V2.1 with no issues.

Looks very much like if you want to play on Multiplayer maps steer clear of SnC & Murchinson at the very least...

Back soon.
Z.

Last edited:
I found that after reinstalling and canceling any Auto DLC content, that I was able to play the UMR-2013 Multiplayer session online.

I then started installing some of my favorite single player sessions and after install missing dependencies I was NOT able to play multi-player. I then deleted all content that showed as locally modified, and multi-player started working again. Please note I didn't revert the items I deleted them and the UMR session never showed missing content after the deletion.

So why would adding items that are used in some other route/session affect a completely different session?

Move the folder userdata/packages somewhere else, then run an EDR in Content Manager. This purges your Trainz install of all the DLC content.

Back