UK Screenshots (Hi Res Version)

53487606134_b77254ade9_h.jpg

Hello everyone, Have not posted in some years but still tinkering away with trainz. Some good looking shots on here so here is my contribution quite a few.

The route is based on the west midlands with a small line based on the cross city line around Birmingham.

The first station is Brennich based loosely on Redditch platform 1 is no longer in use and now used as a car park.

The line was originally double tracks but lack of use and maintenance put the line into decline, But BR refurbished the line in 1994 but cut the tracks short at Brennich and no longer continues further down, It was also electrified and taken down to 1 line with one station having double tracks to allow trains to pass. It now makes use of the class 323.The era is set around 1999/2002

Also with the modernisation of the line came new business ventures to the area, With the new business park built around the rail line and new bus services vastly increased passenger numbers.

Long grove junction has lots of traffic both freight and passengers.

New king street based on Birmingham hence the name :p The station still needs a refurb around the area as I haven't touched this part in a lot of years. The map is only like 13 baseboards at the moment but a lot of work still needs done.

Last edited:
Some from me of Rocks By Rail, courtesy of 2995valliant again. I'm just helping out with testing and looking at a few custom assets here and there so decided to take some shots of the 'passenger' train, formed of 2 brake vans. While not as long or as steep as Foxfield, the line still has a ruling gradient of 1 in 54 which is quite a challenge for the little 0-4-0. The route depicted here realises the ambitions of the museum to extend its current operations, so an additional station is served along with additional sidings. It's an absolute gem of a route.

coRkiIs.jpeg

V3pVmvK.jpeg

O4N3GSU.jpeg

3cebq7X.jpeg

T8nKaCJ.jpeg

uAVpOKA.jpeg

rIqquPX.jpeg

Cheers,

PLP

Some from me of Rocks By Rail, courtesy of 2995valliant again. I'm just helping out with testing and looking at a few custom assets here and there so decided to take some shots of the 'passenger' train, formed of 2 brake vans. While not as long or as steep as Foxfield, the line still has a ruling gradient of 1 in 54 which is quite a challenge for the little 0-4-0. The route depicted here realises the ambitions of the museum to extend its current operations, so an additional station is served along with additional sidings. It's an absolute gem of a route.

coRkiIs.jpeg

V3pVmvK.jpeg

O4N3GSU.jpeg

3cebq7X.jpeg

T8nKaCJ.jpeg

uAVpOKA.jpeg

rIqquPX.jpeg

Cheers,

PLP
Foxfeild looks simply gorgeous Parker, you should be really proud of the route!

Thanks Pilotwoo, though those pictures are of Rutland Railway Museum, or Rocks By Rail as it is now known and I'm afraid I can't take any of the credit as it is all the work of 2005valliant. The only thing I've contributed so far to Rutland is the engine shed! But I agree with you, it is an excellent little route and he should be very proud of it.

Cheers,

PLP

Thanks Pilotwoo, though those pictures are of Rutland Railway Museum, or Rocks By Rail as it is now known and I'm afraid I can't take any of the credit as it is all the work of 2005valliant. The only thing I've contributed so far to Rutland is the engine shed! But I agree with you, it is an excellent little route and he should be very proud of it.

Cheers,

PLP
Ohhh I see my mistake I confused them as Foxfeilds shed haha, well congrats to him too them the route and shed look beautiful, I visit Foxfeild often so if you needed some more reference images for your own route do let me know :)

Thank you, that's a kind offer and one I may well take you up on! I'll confess, I haven't done any more work on Foxfield recently - I had begun to build Blythe Bridge and some shots are below to show progress, but the S&D DEM isn't too far off being ready so I'm having a last dash making sure I have everything to hand. That being said, I've created the engine shed for Rutland in the meantime and 2995valliant and I have discussed some other structures that would be useful so I have no doubt we'll see a bit more work done on them both yet.

5QDehoG.jpeg

8xbLgZ7.jpeg

XeuXfzi.jpeg

5jKz308.jpeg

Cheers,

PLP

Not the most exciting (or detailed) screenshot I've ever posted, but while we're on WIPs, here's the DEM that PLP's station will be sat on.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

The green splodge is the site of Midford station and the embankment in the foreground is the GWR Limpley Stoke to Camerton branch of Titfield Thunderbolt fame. There's a road, abandoned canal (aren't they all?) and a river all squeezed in there too. It's quite a busy little spot for the middle of nowhere.

I love it!

Out of all the stations Midford is perhaps one of the most challenging - while only small, it sits on a ledge with very limited room, is on a curve and on top of all that on a gradient too so not the most straightforward of locations.

For those of you who are familiar with the area, you'll see the line curving away in the distance beneath the long arch bridge, through the cutting after which it will pass over Tucking Mill viaduct (still at 1:50) before heading up to Combe Down tunnel.

On Midford station itself some of you may have noticed that the signs bear different legends - aside from British Railways, some signs still bore LM&SR and even SDJR up until closure!

Cheers,

PLP

Next up; Midford signal box. This is higher poly than I would have liked so it contains LOD which reduces the poly count by 90.3% to 11,000 so I'm happy with that. The main polys come from the lever frame which, like the Bath signal boxes, are culled at 50m from the 'box.

lmtPPww.jpeg

Cheers,

PLP

Last edited:
Like a right plonker I forgot the entire window in the base of the box; since fixed. I've also given the roof some barge boards and the corner pillars have been repainted into maroon, as well as a ledge being added under the windows. The rear wall elevation has also been included.

3XfFBJZ.jpeg

Cheers,

PLP

Last edited:
Some from me of progress on the S&D - double track has now reached Shepton Mallet and single track has reached Evercreech Junction. I'm hoping to lay double track to the latter by the end of the week. My endeavours tonight have been spent at Winsor Hill tunnels and Masbury Halt, getting the tunnels in at the former and the sidings in at the latter, as well as profiling Masbury cutting.

I decided to take a train along the route so far; the Pines Express, double headed by 75007 and 44571. Even with a double header it was tough work firing and driving both, it's certainly a route to put your driving skills to the test and should form some very interesting sessions. The shots below, in order, show the Pines entering Combe Down tunnel, breasting Masbury summit and arriving at Masbury Halt itself. It wouldn't usually stop here but this as far as the track 'earthworks' have been done, in terms of digging out cuttings and putting embankments in.

rPuU2yM.jpeg

MBDUYhr.jpeg

WphoFcP.jpeg

Cheers,

PLP

At Northfleet, a Class 465 for London Charing Cross via Sidcup picks up some late morning commuters, whilst a Thameslink Class 319 is about to depart for Gravesend and then on to Rainham. Ebbsfleet International sits in the background. Still amazing to think no direct connection was ever secured between the two stations

53559037466_ca1fdecb3c_k.jpg

Back