Tumbler Ridge Project

Glad to see TANE is working for you. Your route building skills are amazing and TANE makes it look ten times better. Keep up the good work.

Starting to make a lot more progress. Here are a few shots from the Murray river area, and of the updated 4000cf gondolas. More updates coming soon as I start building up the Murray shop area and bridge, only a mile or two from these shots.

scr_569b0eac19ea1.jpg

scr_569b0e9e9c30c.jpg

scr_569b0e90ea2f0.jpg

scr_569af21652c1b.jpg

scr_569af20b7dd32.jpg

Thanks guys!

Exiting Table siding. The grade of 1.3 - 1.5% will start in the distance, and continue for the next 21 miles. Helpers are not needed on the eastbound approach, as the train is only empties at this point, and not an issue for 2-4 6000hp electrics. I am excited to get working on the westbound approach though, helpers are definitely needed on that section of the route.

24445090004_00769d6f08_o.jpg

25075760275_178a3244eb_o.jpg

25075759825_70488fc531_o.jpg

Also, I've modeled most of the GF6C cab now, it's easily the most detailed thing I've modeled so far and I'm excited to have it operating in game. I've also completed numerous scenery objects, and have made all new sounds for the locomotives which I want to preview soon. Most of the basic trees and textures for the route have been laid between Mp 1 - 43, and mp 86-75.

It's slowly starting to come together :)

Last edited:
I've been following the progress of your route and must say... Really awesome job. Your photos are always highlights! Keep up the epic work!

Just some shots on my recent progress on the Murray Shop. It took a while to figure out what exactly I needed in the scene, since it changed a lot from 1983 to around 1996. The most notable things added are the speeder shop, and the lack of the extra siding. (the shop hasn't been crashed into yet either :eek:) I also updated the gf6c again to match the proper time frame.

scr_56cd016918c1f.jpg

scr_56cd0173b303c.jpg

scr_56cd017dcea90.jpg

"the shop hadn't been crashed into yet either" How did they manage to crash into the shop? Also, I love that little shop building, with the clutter in it as well.

"the shop hadn't been crashed into yet either" How did they manage to crash into the shop? Also, I love that little shop building, with the clutter in it as well.

Well in this case, it seems like somebody forgot about the pantograph, and on both sides of the shop too

This shot (not mine) is from around the late 90s, so not much time left until it was shut down temporarily.

In the other parts of my frustrating route building journey (where devs don't fix bugs that I reported nearly a year ago), I forgot about super-elevation.

scr_56e47b4749f56.jpg

scr_56e47b50bc2d8.jpg

scr_56e47c6e9e901.jpg

These shots use tweaked shaders, so it's not as you would see in the latest build.

Nice work Matt great too see sum-one so young continue with their project despite all the bugs you must come across you obviously have a lot of dedication so keep at it.
Cheers Mick.

Nice work Matt great too see sum-one so young continue with their project despite all the bugs you must come across you obviously have a lot of dedication so keep at it.
Cheers Mick.

Thanks, I've reported the most annoying bugs to n3v throughout the last almost year or so, but none have been fixed so far, just gotta keep working at it lol

Murray river bridge is finally done, made each support post only 28 tris/polys using a neat method I found when playing fallout 4.

scr_5700aff71b38f.jpg

scr_5700afffdac6d.jpg

also a little something from the gf6c cab-

scr_56f315fa46751.JPG

Back