Tumbler Ridge Project

Tacheeda Lakes

da85f276b8a46302a217c63b2ceffbcc.jpg

hello guys, I'm working on what is referred to as the "scale" on my track chart, but this also appears to be the latex sprayer. (pretty obvious actually)

Now in this image below I"m assuming these signal looking bits are sensors for the rail cars, anybody have some insight on these?

4d9f604309cb99ba0a57bfd42d5bc476.jpg

Well I was out and about in the mountains a few weeks ago and i just so happened to have my camera, so I took some images for ground textures. I so far have made 8 custom HD ground textures that are TANE compatible for my route. They will all be released for free for use in any route, payware or freeware.

Here's a small area showcasing a few of the textures.

18886284436_c101c2f48e_o.jpg

Great Bridges, Hope you plan on releasing them someday.

most likely will be released.

Well, I textured this area, and put almost minimal vegetation along the tracks and the performance of the game is just too bad to justify continuing this route in the current version of TANE. I'll still be working on models, but here are my options.

A. Wait for the game to be fixed

B. Wait for the alternative to be progressed far enough that I can start over on that platform, which I would be glad to.

364db4aeb4959fea544270730e923da1.jpg

a21d88afa9573d1cb57d0a2d88ca695b.jpg

cc9ba82507a8d06d77cdd388ef383032.jpg

Hi ATSF854. I've been following the progress of your route and the screenshots are breath taking and stunning. It really shows what Trainz is capable of. I am still using Trainz 2010 but man, this route is awesome. Very realistic.

Worse performance with TANE? I thought the game was suppose to have better performance? I'm still spending all my time transferring and fixing content, so it'll be a while before I can really play it. Do you think TANE is slower than TS12? I was hoping for an improvement...

Worse performance with TANE? I thought the game was suppose to have better performance? I'm still spending all my time transferring and fixing content, so it'll be a while before I can really play it. Do you think TANE is slower than TS12? I was hoping for an improvement...

While I have claimed better performance before, this seems to have only been true in certain cases. While TANE has no issues loading distant terrain, trainz 12 is horrible at it. that's just a single example.

Now I have a personal suspicion that the objects causing the intense performance drop are the speed trees. I have them set to normal in the screenshots above. Some evidence for this was with the Hinton route that is built in, I had issues getting it past 3 fps initially, but eventually i found that moving the speedtree detail setting down to normal, brought my frames up to 30-45 fps. I haven't tried replacing the trees with billboards to test this though.

Mind you, I'm running a very high end system here, so even 30 fps seems pretty low for a game like this. On my route, I'm getting as low as 10fps, even when I tried thinning out the trees.

Maybe if you tried using the Forest Summer trees it would help. They actually look AWESOME, better than a lot of billboard trees. And since they are billboards it could help with lag. Or you could just keep building the route in TS12.

Maybe if you tried using the Forest Summer trees it would help. They actually look AWESOME, better than a lot of billboard trees. And since they are billboards it could help with lag. Or you could just keep building the route in TS12.

Along with the Forest Summer trees, I also find that the CL trees and bushes are good with frame rates and look nice.

Though performance may be suffering, I do have to say that, that river in the last shot looks amazingly realistic. That seems to be the biggest highlight of TANE hands down in some cases, at least in my opinion.

I used these trees mixed with some JVC trees in my TS12 version. My thoughts now are to re-import my TANE version back to TS12, however I do not know if that would break the rivers that I have placed down since they are height adjusted using the new feature that blends the heights and such.

Did a lot of updating to my GF6C here

19568490371_7a36bccffd_o.jpg

Latex sprayer building started. lots of interesting things to be modelled for this area.

19376275470_7af47c5c0a_o.jpg

Back