TS2009 freezes on route load

Jivora

G'day,

I have troubles with my TS 2009. I have downloaded the East Kentucky v3 route and got dependencies. I changed the built number from 3.3 to 2.9 to be allowed to run it in 2009 (it gave me message something like : "Map damaged or missing" prior changing this number).

When I launch trainz and go to surveyor I can select the route, but then the trainz freezes on loading screen and doesn't load at all. The waterscope on the left is without water... Trainz.exe*32 process has about 303MB of RAM usage and exactly 50% CPU usage. The program seems to be running but nothing happens even if I wait 10 minutes. I am 99% sure it is not a performance issue.

details on my PC:
I use windowed mode of build 41844 of TS2009 (The latest upgrade that was auto-aplied). I have no launch parameters set for TS2009 and I haven't tweaked it at all - except for adding "-freeintcam" parameter to config.

I have 3 weeks old computer with:
4GB RAM
GEFORCE GTX 650 graphics (with 1GB memory)
2x3,6 GHZ processor
ASUS F2-A85M LE motherboard.

Thanks for your help.

I suspect that the Map is not backward compatable to TS09.
I see that it was made in TS2010 (build 3.3).

NormP.

Hi, thanks.

The author of the route states that the route is drivable in TS2009 SP4 with only minor issues being 8 missing objects that are builtin in 2010, but not present in 2009.

Which it is but you only have 41844 which is SP3 not SP4. SP4 is build 44653 SP4 and was a manual patch to enable 2010 routes to run in 2009, if you haven't got it it wont run 2010 routes. You need this patch http://download.ts2009.com/patch/41844_to_44653.exe should be OK then. Suggest you make a copy of your existing install in case anything odd happens when patching, worth looking here if you get any problems patching http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tutorials/index.php?page=common-patching-errors
EK3 is worth patching for, it's a good route.
SP4 changes a few things about how Trainz runs, It's basically 2010 without the SpeedTree engine, make sure you don't shut your PC down for a few minutes after closing down Trainz as there is a background program TadDaemon that does some cleaning up after you shut the program, if you don't give it time it launches into a database repair everytime you start.

And if I recall correctly, this is the patch that takes a long, long, long time to run. When the progress bar gets to about half-way, it seems to freeze. Do not get impatient, do not interrupt the patching. If you do, you will have to delete and reinstall your entire Trainz, and then repatch. Wait until you get the final message "patching completed". I speak from experience! Best thing, start the patch late at night, and once it is running, go to bed. It will probably be finished by morning.

All the best - just let it run and you'll be OK.

Ken

Back