Trainz Wikibook? How to create tunnels....

Tyrennis

Submitted for your consideration....

Doubtless many of you are aware of Wikipedia. They have a related site called WikiBooks. To quote the home page "Wikibooks is a Wikimedia community for creating a free library of educational textbooks that anyone can edit."

Now, the forums are a tremendous collection of knowledge relating to Trainz. This is a phenomenal place to get answers to questions. Problem is, even with the search tool, it's difficult to locate specific information here.

A little creative googling will locate a wide variety of tutorials. The ones you can find are generally quite good (thanks, all of you who unknowingly helped me import large chunks of terrain into Trainz). Sadly, some of the tutorials are a bit out of date. Other promising links wind up as 404s. I wonder how much we've lost to 404s.

Anyway... I'd like to suggest that we (okay, mostly you real Trainz wizards) band together to create the ultimate Trainz reference. I see it as a collection of processes, techniques, tips, hints, etc. organized in some semblance of logical organization; a textbook for making the most from Trainz.

I'm not even close to expert on Trainz. I suspect that such project could teach me far more than I could contribute. That said, I'm willing to set up a framework at WikiBooks and assist with importing, editing and 'pretty-fying' material. That is, if there is some interest within the community of Trainzers in pursuing it.

So. There it is. What do y'all say? Bad idea? Good idea? Willing to contribute to the effort?

I have looked everywhere (even on youtube) and cannot find anything on how to create tunnels. Where is some helpful tutorials (written or videos) on this subject? I have trainz 2010 EE. Thx.

Back