Trainz Plus Beta PC - 125409 (Content Creators Update)

You're welcome. I'm not up to date with how the E2 engine works these days. N3V doesn't talk details anymore. Trade secrets, I guess. I know in general there as been an effort to load assets in a way that avoids the micro shudders that some users see with slower storage devices.

Morning all, just had a couple of questions.

This condition wont continue as you play, will it? My biggest complaint with Train Sim World 4 is that the map is built around you as you drive instead of all initially.

Does this mean that the attempt to implement DX12 compatibility has been axed?

Cheers
Probably not so much axed as taken back to the drawing board...

Also, when I select an area and raise or lower it, the splines still don't move with the rest of the assets...

There's a Red Bug error with the 'SW1500 Cab Generic - legacy update'.

- <NULL> : File sw1500_cab.gs, Line 60, ER_NullReference
; <NULL> : Script class: sw1500_cab
; <NULL> : MeshObject: <kuid:-25:1304> "SW1500 Cab Generic - legacy update"
; <NULL> : Script callstack
; <NULL> : function $void@sw1500_cab::Attach(GameObject), line 49

The error occurs when adding a driver and when switching directions.

You can include me in the inability to capture a screenshot in both modes. drive & surveyor. Also, when laying track for a junction, the default junction asset does not appear although the red/green arrows are produced in the laying process, just the auto placement of the junction asset.

John

You can include me in the inability to capture a screenshot in both modes. drive & surveyor. Also, when laying track for a junction, the default junction asset does not appear although the red/green arrows are produced in the laying process, just the auto placement of the junction asset.

John
I believe you will find that you are able to take screenshots but the upload function fails. Your screenshots should be in your local data folder in the screenshot folder. This is the issue with the Trainz Gallery that is covered by a thread in the General forum.

I attempted to reproduce the issue with junctions. I found that using the built-in TANE Trk Oak track that I was able to create a working junction with the default switch lever. The blades did not immediately show but once I switched to Driver they appeared and worked as expected. Going back into either surveyor showed the blades of the turnout now rendered.

FYI, you can disable the automatic attempt at uploading a screenshot in the Settings under General settings.

There is a new feature in driver mode that has not been mentioned yet. When you right click on a train car and select View Details, supported products for that car is displayed at the bottom of the Script Properties field.

I believe you will find that you are able to take screenshots but the upload function fails. Your screenshots should be in your local data folder in the screenshot folder. This is the issue with the Trainz Gallery that is covered by a thread in the General forum.

I attempted to reproduce the issue with junctions. I found that using the built-in TANE Trk Oak track that I was able to create a working junction with the default switch lever. The blades did not immediately show but once I switched to Driver they appeared and worked as expected. Going back into either surveyor showed the blades of the turnout now rendered.
I have to disagree

Nope, nope, the only way I can generate screenshots is via Windows copy/paste, that is paste into another graphic program and the save the shot to a folder. The screenshot auto save to the screenshot folder is broken.
As regard to junction asset auto insert, ii works only with the Tane track, I don't use Tane tracks. The switch machine does show up initially, however, as so as I complete, enter, the spline, the switch machine disappears.

John

I believe you will find that you are able to take screenshots but the upload function fails. Your screenshots should be in your local data folder in the screenshot folder.
Nope, nope, the only way I can generate screenshots is via Windows copy/paste, that is paste into another graphic program and the save the shot to a folder. The screenshot auto save to the screenshot folder is broken.

I just tried it and I can confirm that wreeder is correct. The screenshots taken in both Surveyor and Driver appear in your C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\N3V Games\trs22\build <id>\screenshots folder (or wherever you have set your local user data folder). Check your Trainz Settings Install tab Local Data Folder address to see where it is set. Otherwise I would suspect that something is amiss with your system.

I just tried it and I can confirm that wreeder is correct. The screenshots taken in both Surveyor and Driver appear in your C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\N3V Games\trs22\build <id>\screenshots folder (or wherever you have set your local user data folder). Check your Trainz Settings Install tab Local Data Folder address to see where it is set. Otherwise I would suspect that something is amiss with your system.
Are you using the most current Windows update?

April 23, 2024—KB5036980 (OS Builds 22621.3527 and 22631.3527)

I think you should do some investigating, as this update was a large one.

I checked my Users folder, C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\N3V Games\trs22\build, and there isn't a screenshot folder. The most recent addition to the tr22 was build 48830vpb1 dated 4/6/2024. shouldn't that date be the same as my installation, 04/24/2024?
Also, when was the switch made from the local data folder/screenshot to it's present location?
Also as in the previous builds, the user was notified when the screenshot was taken, nothing now. I don't believe it's my system, as everything is new since the end of March. My installation is on "C" drive and data is on "F" drive, both 2T SSD.

John

Last edited:
Are you using the most current Windows update?

April 23, 2024—KB5036980 (OS Builds 22621.3527 and 22631.3527)

Yes, I can confirm that I am using the latest OS build. Updated just a few days ago.

The fact that you do not have a screenshot folder is interesting and may be a reason why the screenshots are not being saved. But as to why there is no screenshot holder ????

Have you tried adding a screenshot folder (be careful to use the same spelling, syntax, etc) in your user data folder and trying again?

There is a new feature in driver mode that has not been mentioned yet. When you right click on a train car and select View Details, supported products for that car is displayed at the bottom of the Script Properties field.
There seems to be another new feature. In the past when you are riding in a swaying cab the cab would be the only thing rocking. Now it looks like the outside is swaying back and like it should.

The rolling stock swaying from an external view has been around since TANE I think; certainly for a fair while now. The track quality plays a role in this as 100% track quality will have little sway whereas 5% or 10% would have much more sway, as would be expected in real life. It's a nice feature though, especially when looking along the length of a train from a cab or a brakevan and seeing the individual coaches or wagons sway independently.

Cheers,

PLP

This 125409 has much better smoother fps than the 123794 had, a very noticeable difference much smoother!
Also the flickering Tree issues are now gone (patched) for the GTX 1080 series with my older 3D Vision drivers 425.31 that work perfectly
now with Trainz 125409. Thank You for this fix! I always had known that it was not a video driver issue. The 425.31 driver was the
most stable and reliable driver ever released, works on all older and newer games with perfect 60 fps. Older games still use the 3D Vision
options that I very much enjoy. Later drivers ruined this option by obsoleting the fun Nvidia 3D Vision available games.

My still existing main wish is that the ground draw distance for the ground textures will get improved for a more good view of the
distant Mountains that still have the old poor visual draw in effects that disappear until up close to them.

There needs to be a Container setting in the ground texture config file that allows Level Of Detail (lod) settings for a more distant ground texture option that the other scenery assets have. I have tried lod transition distances in the texture config, but it will not allow it, due to no .im or .lm files in this type of asset.

Using the Surveyor HD 2.0 is not a good option for me due to my large Map size goes way over 1gig and then can not save to the .cdp file
Kind Regards to the Dedicated Trainz Developers, and the helpful Community.
Cheers.
jjeff1955
Jon J

This 125409 has much better smoother fps than the 123794 had, a very noticeable difference much smoother!
Also the flickering Tree issues are now gone (patched) for the GTX 1080 series with my older 3D Vision drivers 425.31 that work perfectly
now with Trainz 125409. Thank You for this fix! I always had known that it was not a video driver issue. The 425.31 driver was the
most stable and reliable driver ever released, works on all older and newer games with perfect 60 fps. Older games still use the 3D Vision
options that I very much enjoy. Later drivers ruined this option by obsoleting the fun Nvidia 3D Vision available games.

My still existing main wish is that the ground draw distance for the ground textures will get improved for a more good view of the
distant Mountains that still have the old poor visual draw in effects that disappear until up close to them.

There needs to be a Container setting in the ground texture config file that allows Level Of Detail (lod) settings for a more distant ground texture option that the other scenery assets have. I have tried lod transition distances in the texture config, but it will not allow it, due to no .im or .lm files in this type of asset.

Using the Surveyor HD 2.0 is not a good option for me due to my large Map size goes way over 1gig and then can not save to the .cdp file
Kind Regards to the Dedicated Trainz Developers, and the helpful Community.
Cheers.
jjeff1955
Jon J
Sounds like you are using HD Terrain within Surveyor 2.0. You can drop the route back to 5 or 10m grid, and still use Surveyor 2.0. That will cut your file sizes down.

Sounds like you are using HD Terrain within Surveyor 2.0. You can drop the route back to 5 or 10m grid, and still use Surveyor 2.0. That will cut your file sizes down.
You can, but then that rather negates the point of HD in the first place. I'm using HD as I find I get a much cleaner, smoother map than the 5m or 10m grid but as noted above the file size is now huge and cannot be exported to .cdp. While this in itself isn't a major problem on a day to day basis, it does mean that backups can't be made and I don't think a route can be uploaded at that size (though N3V may yet have a way).

Cheers,

PLP

You can, but then that rather negates the point of HD in the first place. I'm using HD as I find I get a much cleaner, smoother map than the 5m or 10m grid but as noted above the file size is now huge and cannot be exported to .cdp. While this in itself isn't a major problem on a day to day basis, it does mean that backups can't be made and I don't think a route can be uploaded at that size (though N3V may yet have a way).

Cheers,

PLP
If you want the resolution of HD Terrain, you have to use HD Terrain route and Surveyor 2.0. Each are separate features. HD Terrain is responsible for the increase of file sizes as there is vastly more data to be stored.

The rolling stock swaying from an external view has been around since TANE I think; certainly for a fair while now. The track quality plays a role in this as 100% track quality will have little sway whereas 5% or 10% would have much more sway, as would be expected in real life. It's a nice feature though, especially when looking along the length of a train from a cab or a brakevan and seeing the individual coaches or wagons sway independently.

Cheers,

PLP
That was not what I was referring to. In the past when driving in-cab mode and the engine starts to sway the horizon would not. Now the horizon will sway as the cab sways. To see what I mean create a new 6 baseboard route and change the track condition to 25 and add a speed limit of 70mph then give the driver the Drive command and go to in-cab view. As the train speeds up watch the horizon. At about 45 the horizon should start to rock back and forth.

Back