Trainz on Facebook?

jukeboxblues

Driver Tom
Re:The reasons Auran gave for starting a Facebook page...are those not the reasons why we have this forum?

Just wondering...

Where are the reasons? I didn't see them.

I think its a useful tool, get your finger in every pie ey :)

Just had a look at it. Still prefer the forums on this site. Tried Facebook for a while. What a depressing place to be.

Never used it!

It seems to be very popular with the section of the community who stare blankly into cellphone screens whilst performing rapid digital gymnastics – usually walking into others on pavements and other public places whilst so doing. Not all of the time, of course. They will also occasionally talk into their phone, perhaps announcing loudly to the recipient, (and everyone else in at least two carriages), “I’m on the train”, and other riveting grains of banality.

I presume Facebook is similar to Twitter and My Space.

Any truth in the rumour that they might be merging into one company – MyTwitFace?

Casper
:eek:

Never used it!

It seems to be very popular with the section of the community who stare blankly into cellphone screens whilst performing rapid digital gymnastics – usually walking into others on pavements and other public places whilst so doing. Not all of the time, of course. They will also occasionally talk into their phone, perhaps announcing loudly to the recipient, (and everyone else in at least two carriages), “I’m on the train”, and other riveting grains of banality.

I presume Facebook is similar to Twitter and My Space.

Any truth in the rumour that they might be merging into one company – MyTwitFace?

Casper
:eek:

Very good, Casper. :)

I've seen this a few times myself. My state now has a texting ban on for drivers. They can actually get pulled over if caught and fined. Too bad their license wasn't pulled as well, but that's another story.

Twitter is like that. I joined and promptly left when I saw some of the posts. Like "I just went to the bathroom and now I'm having a cup of tea". Who cares... I don't have time for that kind of garbage.

Facebook, because of its popularity, has been a common tool for many companies as a marketing and exposure mechanism. The more they get their name out there, the more sales they can generate.

I happen to have a FB account only because I belong to some hobby groups and we communicate through it. PianoWorld members, A storm chasing community, and a few close friends are my contacts up there.

Then there are those twits that will boast about their current personal affairs, which are both an embarassment as well as a detriment. There have been cases where people have been fired after blasting about how bad their employer is all over FB. Let's face it, there are some things left in the private, and not said publicly. These people can't seem to get the difference.

MySpace was truly annoying. I had to setup a MS website for someone. Checked it out and promptly unsubscribed.

John

Back