Process for uploading route.

@hotgrove > Loving the whole layout so far. Great looking build ! I

I'm going over the layout, in Surveyor, and am wondering why in the world you have two layers of invisible track over-laying all of the SAM Track? Are there any other unusual aspects to the layout?

Also. I have a suggestion.

If you make a new layer called "Ceiling", and place all of the ceiling pieces into that layer, users will then be able to hide that layer during any route editing, and with the layer hidden, will allow zooming the camera to far distances when running a session in Driver.

For any future layouts you build it is a good idea to do this for Floor splines, all digholes, edge fascia, walls and any room furniture/decoration. Even placing those invisible track splines on their own layer would be advisable.

Rico
Many thanks for that.
To be honest i'm not just comfortable using layers.
I started using the invisible track because i am hopeless with signalling and it was spoiling the game for me......i wish the signalling was automatic.

The SAM track i put down is merely a template......there are 8 different small routes running over it.
Incidentally there are more than two layers of invisible track running over the SAM track.....that's how crazy it is.

There will be periods of absolute mayhem but i was open about that in the description.
I hope when you open the session all the trains are eventually on the move.

Many thanks for that.
To be honest i'm not just comfortable using layers.
I started using the invisible track because i am hopeless with signalling and it was spoiling the game for me......i wish the signalling was automatic.

The SAM track i put down is merely a template......there are 8 different small routes running over it.
Incidentally there are more than two layers of invisible track running over the SAM track.....that's how crazy it is.

There will be periods of absolute mayhem but i was open about that in the description.
I hope when you open the session all the trains are eventually on the move.

Well, I can sympathize with the signaling aspect. It isn't super intuitive, I agree. I work with the FORM G-Sig and H-Sig German signals on my German MRR layouts. Those are pretty straightforward to place, assign switches and function. UK signals I have no idea about, but there are a few experts on this forum that could help you sort out those.

As for layers, don't fret too much, LOL, they are VERY simple to set-up, rename and use. If you want, and have the time/desire, I can help you on my personal Discord channel with setting up a layout with layers for anything you might think of.

I've done this with a few other Trainzy route builder friends.

All you need at your end is a mic, or headset with a mic. In Discord it's possible to live stream from your desktop and your can watch the livestream at your end and see how it's all done.

I'm on the west coast of the U.S. so we'd likely want to to this early A.M. my time (Pacific) since were about 8 hours time difference.

Also, I only saw the route on the DLS. I did not see a session to download

Rico

Well, I can sympathize with the signaling aspect. It isn't super intuitive, I agree. I work with the FORM G-Sig and H-Sig German signals on my German MRR layouts. Those are pretty straightforward to place, assign switches and function. UK signals I have no idea about, but there are a few experts on this forum that could help you sort out those.

As for layers, don't fret too much, LOL, they are VERY simple to set-up, rename and use. If you want, and have the time/desire, I can help you on my personal Discord channel with setting up a layout with layers for anything you might think of.

I've done this with a few other Trainzy route builder friends.

All you need at your end is a mic, or headset with a mic. In Discord it's possible to live stream from your desktop and your can watch the livestream at your end and see how it's all done.

I'm on the west coast of the U.S. so we'd likely want to to this early A.M. my time (Pacific) since were about 8 hours time difference.

Also, I only saw the route on the DLS. I did not see a session to download

Rico
No session ?
That's a complete disaster,the route is useless without one as only i know my crazy running methods.
All you can do with it is stand and watch the trains go by.

If i make another session and upload it will it automatically be associated with the route.
The techno side of trainz is something else that is beyond me i'm afraid.
This is the reason why it's taken me 11 years to upload anything.

I must apologise for the annoyance this route must have caused to the 30+ users who thought it was worthy of download.

If you haven't pulled any of the track apart in anger here is a session that will run if you can be bothered setting it up.
This is the sequence i used but it can be experimented with.

In this order and using these TM wait times.

Departing from ELSBRIDGE Plat 4 TM 8 (10 secs) TM 9 (10secs) TM 10 (10 secs) TM 11 (10 secs) TM 12 (10 secs) TM 13 (2 mins) repeat.

Departing from WICKLEY Plat 3 drive via TM Z / TM 29 (10 secs) TM 30 (10 secs) drive via TM Z / TM 29 (10 secs) TM 30 (10 secs) drive via TM Z / TM 29 (10 secs) repeat.

Departing from BARNHILL Plat 4 TM 1 (10 secs) TM 2 (2 mins) TM 3 (10 secs) TM 4 (10 secs) TM 5 (10 secs) TM 6 ( 10 secs) TM 7 (2 mins) repeat.

Departing from WICKLEY Plat 1 TM 14 (10 secs) TM 15 (10 secs) TM 16 (10 secs) TM 17 (10 secs) TM 18 (2 mins) repeat.

Departing from BARNHILL Plat 1 TM 19 (10 secs) TM 20 (10 secs) TM 21 (10 secs) TM 22 (10 secs) TM 23 (2 mins) repeat.

Departing from WICKLEY Plat 2 TM 24 (10 secs) TM 25 (10 secs) TM 26 (2 mins) TM 27 (10 secs) TM 28 (2 mins) repeat.

Departing from ELSBRIDGE Plat 2 TM 31 ( 10 secs) TM 32 (10 secs) TM 33 (10 secs) TM 34 (10 secs) repeat.

Outward lying 2 carriage train ( can be found outside the layout walls) optional TM 35 (5 secs) TM 36 (6 mins) repeat.

Parked blue car (sitting on invisible track) optional TM Car 1 (20 secs) TM Car 2 (20 secs) repeat.

Truck (sitting inside warehouse at tram stop) optional TM Truck 3 (20 secs) TM Truck 1 (20 secs) TM Truck 2 (20 secs) repeat.

This is the TM running order for each train but the wait times can be experimented with.

If you decide to run all 8 trains at once they will go on forever but periods of mayhem will occur as well as periods of normality.
If you haven't pulled any of the track apart and you think the layout is still worthy set up this session and sit back and watch.

If anyone runs this could you give me your opinion.
I'll brace myself don't hold back.

Last edited:
Please start a support topic in the freeware announcement forum now that the route and session are uploaded. Don't turn this topic into one.

Please start a support topic in the freeware announcement forum now that the route and session are uploaded. Don't turn this topic into one.
Apologies there is no session uploaded and never knew about the freeware announcement forum.

Once again i apologise.

My bad; I somewhere noticed you talking about a session so I made the assump...... aha, that's what went wrong, I made an assumption.

My bad; I somewhere noticed you talking about a session so I made the assump...... aha, that's what went wrong, I made an assumption.
No worries at all.
I added the same message on the model rail screenshot forum which i now know was the wrong thing to do.
I let 30+ people down and was trying to rectify it.

Regards John.

Back