Town Ideas

There are some made....I just cant recall where they are at....I think there on the DLS...There really nice...I use em a lot...:cool:

If you want to model small towns and hamlets you should take a look at East_Kentucky_1v1 on DLS. The route passes through many towns and hamlets.

remember go from small to large. smaller in the front, bigger skyscrapers(expample) in the back

Hello, Im making some one or two baseboard examples for an upcoming route I am making, but I need some help making towns.:eek: Every time i make a town, It never finishes, or it just doesnt look right. I need some help on what to place where, and it would be super appreciated if someone could make scenes or real photos of towns, Thanks!:) :D :hehe: P.S, I will need some suggestions on what kind of route, rural, or urban, but city, not my thing.

Conrail45
Well it really depends on what type of town you are trying to model after. DMdrake has many beautiful old industrial buildings, storefronts and etc that are great for more old fashion American towns.

If you are doing a town from this modern time mix the new and the old buildings together and it should look pretty good.
Unless your doing a modern suburb that consists all of new buildings; those towns are naturally ugly and will not look good no matter what, because most modern buildings are crap and set up poorly in real life.

Last edited:
Back