Adding locations in: Navigate to… or Navigate to Trackmark… options

wmm1216

Frequently I would download a route from the DLS and try the Navigate to… option.
Often the list is quite short and may or may not list all the named towns shown on a map view.

Note: I am just a user not a route builder or creator. My skills are limited to adding consists to various routes or sessions.

It is easy to add an existing location or town or mine; etc. to the Navigate to list ?

If so could someone please inform me how to do that?

If not, then that is fine.

Cheers
Wmm1216

The "Navigate To ..." and its often preferred alternative "Drive To ..." must have industries as their destinations. Adding new industries is not always a simple task (sometimes it is but usually not).

The "Navigate To Trackmark ..." and its often preferred alternative "Drive To Trackmark ..." use trackmark objects as their destinations. These are very simple to add and will probably suit your purpose much better than the "Navigate To ..." options.

In a nutshell:-
  1. Load the route or session into Surveyor
  2. Select a suitable track location to place your track mark
  3. Add and, very importantly, name a track mark at that location - if using Surveyor Classic it is in the Track Tools flyout (F4) and the Trackmark button, if using Surveyor 2.0 it is in the Assets Palette Track Objects - more details can be found on the Trainz Wiki at How to Use Track Markers#Adding a Track Mark
  4. Save the route or session

Last edited:
The "Navigate To ..." and its often preferred alternative "Drive To ..." must have industries as their destinations. Adding new industries is not always a simple task (sometimes it is but usually not).

The "Navigate To Trackmark ..." and its often preferred alternative "Drive To Trackmark ..." use trackmark objects as their destinations. These are very simple to add and will probably suit your purpose much better than the "Navigate To ..." options.

In a nutshell:-
  1. Load the route or session into Surveyor
  2. Select a suitable track location to place your track mark
  3. Add and, very importantly, name a track mark at that location - if using Surveyor Classic it is in the Track Tools flyout (F4) and the Trackmark button, if using Surveyor 2.0 it is in the Assets Palette Track Objects - more details can be found on the Trainz Wiki at How to Use Track Markers#Adding a Track Mark
  4. Save the route or session
Good Morning PWare, Thank you for putting this information, you make a tough subject for me much easier to digest. Especially the part about How to Use Track Markers.

I do not delve in this much, yet it seems a powerfully function too make use of seeing how AI always needs extensive help in Navigating it's way around the Railroad. ;)

Have a Blessed Day Sir.

Back