This is what's wrong with America...

They should sue the driver of the truck for entering the crossing after the signals were activated.......

They should sue the driver of the truck for entering the crossing after the signals were activated.......

Going from memory, If I'm correct they got stuck, as It was a parade; there was an identical truck in front of them. But I do not remember.

Yes there was a identical truck in front of them... Also this is the exact reason they put signs up that clearly state "DO NOT STOP ON TRACKS".... Trains are fast and cant stop real well... The train rolled on another half mile after hitting the truck.... 0% chance of the train stopping before hit the truck....

Very likely in the USA. I worked for the government, also followed some of the government-railroad issues, some things the old American government is behind on and I would not be surprised to see that here. I fully believe that no matter how any lawsuit goes, both the big railroads and the government are discussing some of this privately, it sometimes takes something like this to make the government go, "Darn, we need to fix up the regulations."
So if the speed limit was raised to 70mph in 2006, yet as people are insinuating that the sequencing of the bells and booms had not been reviewed in that time.........how come there hasn't been an incident on this crossing until now?

He is a Vet. Descriptions I've read make it sound as though he's nearly catatonic since the incident. I can't imagine what kind of hell he's in. Even if you lay the blame squarely at his feet, one has to feel for the guy. It's not as though he did it on purpose.

So if the speed limit was raised to 70mph in 2006, yet as people are insinuating that the sequencing of the bells and booms had not been reviewed in that time.........how come there hasn't been an incident on this crossing until now?
Who knows. But I do know the government is at time behind on some things including updating standards that should have been obviously updated during changes.

Back