The Strasburg Railroad WIP

srr89

Content Creator,Reskinner
Time to show off some progress of my Strasburg Railroad route...I was originally working off of the first Strasburg route I created, but a kind gentleman by the name of gisa offered me a DEM for the route (big thanks to him!) and I gladly accepted, so now I have restarted and have begun work in the station area of the route. Progress is slow thanks to the many other projects that have been on my agenda, but I finally took some time to take a few shots. I promise I will try to post more shots as more progress gets done. Enjoy the little story that goes along with these....;)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today I decided to take a ride to the Strasburg Railroad on this beautiful sunny Saturday morning....

Arriving at the station...

Hmm...I see a steam locomotive down there...wonder what engine is running today....

Why...it's good old Number 90!

90 crawls into the station to couple up to the train...

90 takes off...a shot in the yard...

A shot from one of the many farms along the line...got a few cows in the shot...

Managed to get this one through the corn...without the farmer seeing me of course!

Another one, this is past Fairview Crossing, which is where the famous Red Caboose Motel stands...

From the viewtower at the Red Caboose Motel....

(continues)

(continued)

From another farm, behind a nice looking tractor...

I then let the train go down the line, and snapped a few last photos of the train arriving back at the station...

Last one (Yes I ended up climbing up a tree for this one lol)...

Comments and criticism is welcome, still plenty of work to do in this area alone, but it's coming along. :)

Robby :wave:

*Bump*...Sorry for not updating this for a while, here's some brand new pics of the Strasburg Railroad. I have pretty much completed most of the line itself and am working on the Amtrak line. Click to enlarge the images, be warned these are 1920x1080.

An aerial shot of Esbenshade Road...

A shot down Esbenshade pointing towards the crossing

7312 enters "Ground Hog Cut"

An aerial shot of the Cherry Crest Farm

7312 rides by the dirt crossing at the farm
'

The Amazing Maize Corn Maze

Usually there's a sign made of flowers on this hill in real life that depict the theme for the corn maze every year, for this route I'm just using the word "Strasburg"

7312 rides by the maze

A shot from the top of the hill as 7312 approaches Groff's Grove

Looking up Cherry Hill Road towards the crossing

View from one of the farms facing Groff's Grove

7312 at Groff's Grove

Carpenter's Crossing

Cementary at Carpenter's Crossing

Strasburg's only bridge

Byler's Crossing

Approaching Leaman Place Junction

Paradise, PA

Keystone Corridor passes 7312

And now for some shots along the Amtrak Line

Hmmm...all that's missing is Strasburg 89 and that would be railfan heaven!! :wave: :D

(psst...calling ben neal:hehe:)

Small routes are cool !

It must be a small route, and I like you photos and work. The hills look very prototypical ... is this a DEM and TS10 ? ... another small 3 baseboard route is GFishers-Down East Fishing Villiage ... which I am constantly admiring, and trying to master and duplicate the textures and scenery effects.

Last edited:
I've been trying my hands at a Strasburg route myself. I use those 720m basemaps, but the route was lost, so I'll have to redo it.

Thanks everyone for your comments! Cascade, it is a DEM in TRS2006 that was kindly given to me by gisa. :)

And for your next project ...

You have one very finely detailed route there !

I believe RPearson is working on the EBT RR route ... now that is one huge DEM project (2 EBT DEM's are on the DLS).

Thanks for your replies guys. :)

The Railroad Museum of PA is now in the route!

(click to enlarge)

Robby :wave:

Back