Tarunga Point Branch

Great shots. Keep them coming. Looking forward to the release of this route.

Bob (CRO)

Bob,

Thanks for the nice comments, but I can't take any credit for the routes I'm sorry to say. All credit is due solely to the creators of the Wadalbavale line which is the basis for the Tarunga Point Branch and the creators of Banks Heath (Electric Commuter) which is the basis for the Warwick St route. I've merely adapted the routes strictly for my own personal use and I would never release anything without permission. Most of the pics so far are of the extensions and extra detailing of the routes that I've done myself.
I'll put more pics up as I can.

Dan.

Last edited:
Just a couple of comparison shots to give an idea of what I'm doing. Both this route and Tarunga Point are still very much works in progress. The first shot is Banks Heath (Electric Commuter) and the second is Warwick St.

Nice work Dan i used to love that Banks Heath Route in fact i think i modified it that many times it wasn't funny lol. Keep it up your doing well with this project.
Cheers Mick.:)

Oh well. Not to worry. You have still done a fantastic job and it is always good to see proto-typical Aussie routes from any era.

Cheers

Bob (CR)

Thanks guys,

I sometimes wonder why I took on two routes at the same time, but it's good to take a break from one occasionally and have the other to work on. As Warwick St is only 14km long it will probably get finished first, although I have probably done far more work on Tarunga Point, but as it's 36km for the branch alone plus the mainline section, it will take a lot longer to complete. Also I've extended it half way along with the secondary branch to Hillview, Wyoming and Stanton which covers more than 12 boards on it's own. I'll keep posting updates and pics as I can. In the meantime here's the other end of the Warwick St line, now incorporating a return loop via the bridge. The 4 car suburban set is sitting at the National Park platform. Overhead wiring at this end is still to be installed.

Last edited:
Trackwork continues in preparation for the coming overhead wiring on the Warwick St line.

Does that say 42249? :eek: weren't there only 20 422's? :p

Also, the tracks could be changed to a more up-to-date one (I suggest UK Bullhead 09) and boobless_ed's trees are really starting to show their age. Apart from that it looks good. The scenery (roads mostly) could be replaced fairly quickly (All of these replacements could be done using the replace assets tool)

Jamie :)

Jamie,

I actually remember changing the number to 42213, so I'll check that out and fix it if it's wrong. I regret now not changing the track type as I have been doing on my other route. It's now at the stage that it would be more trouble than it's worth to have to redo it all. I think the trees are good content for the age of the version I'm running, (TS2009). I'm sure there's much better quality items available now and as soon as I can I'm going to get TS13. I know that there's always room for improvement no matter what I've done, so it's a case of getting it as good as I can with what I currently have and make improvements when the opportunity arises. The other part of me baulks at the thought of having to totally redo all the effort I've put in so far, but hey, that's what progress is!
Thanks for the feedback though, it all helps to make it as realistic as I can.

Dan.

I'm sure that TS2009 has the replace assets option, which allows you to drag the 1 track wood into the assets to be replaced section and drag the UK Bullhead 09 into the asset to replace section

Jamie,

It didn't work I'm sorry to say. I tried the replace assets button in the menu and it doesn't highlight anything to allow any changes. The only thing that does work in the window is the "Current Section Only" tab which lights up an orange button. I even tried dragging the item from the track asset menu on the right side as well. Nothing. I was trying this on a route that I don't care about to see how it would work. If this window allows me to replace the entire track asset with another nominated track, what happens to all the signals, triggers, markers and the myriad other items attached to the track? These always disappear and have to be reinstalled after changing the track under normal circumstances.

Dan.

they all stay in the same place when using it.

Worked for me, did you use this technique

Jamie,

Thanks for that. I found that I had my track selection settings to "show favourites" only. That's why nothing was showing up. I've replaced the track asset on Warwick St now, although I've used the same SAM track that I've been using on the Tarunga Point route only because it's just a personal choice. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

Dan.

Jamie,

Further to my last post. I've now replaced the entire remaining sections of the Tarunga Point route including the mainline section and it only took around 10-15 minutes.
There is a certain amount of tweaking and adjustments yet to be done to the new track but the major part is done. Very handy thing to have learned. Thanks again.

Dan.

Last edited:
A 900 class DEB set departs Lawson River heading to Tarunga Point while the 620 class local waits for clearance to depart and travel the secondary branch to Stanton via Hillview.

Just a comparison shot, now with the corrected track asset thanks to H222's original suggestion. I think it suits NSW style much better. Still some corrections needed.

Update time. The new addition to the secondary branch of the Tarunga Point route. The first pic shows the rough start of one of the new stations. The second pic shows the overall extension. On the mini-map the pic is of another station and shows the general layout of the extension. The large loop is the new section that starts from the original route at about the 12 o'clock position and runs anti-clockwise to join back up at the 3 o'clock position. Still sooooo much to do! :)

The latest improvement I'm trying out. This is an asset that BobCass put me onto. Showing here the difference between the new asset on the left and the Auran textures on the right. My graphics card leaves a lot to be desired, so I'm sorry that it doesn't look as realistic as it should and this is certainly not yet the finished look that I'm after. Lots more to do to get it the way I want. Just a progress shot to get some feedback.

Last edited:
I find that track always looks so much better when the asset creator also makes a matching texture. The ballasted track looks like it's actually in the surrounding texture rather than just sitting on top of it.

Back