Tarunga Point Branch

Dieselbuilder

FNM Where ALCO was King
my first attempt at showing a few screenshots. Two layouts, Tarunga Point Branch and Warwick St. Both are very much wip, so I'll post more pics as I can.

Last edited:
Thanks Bob,

These were taken before I patched my TS2009 to SP4. I'm frankly a little disappointed in the graphics now as even though there are great improvements in some ways, others seems to be less realistic than before. I might take another shot of one of these for comparison.

Last edited:
A few shots from my other layout Warwick St. Sydney Suburban 4 car set being towed through the wash plant, pantographs down.

Last edited:
Hi 9708,

I'm finding that trees are very much hit and miss in regards to what looks good or not. The area you're trying to capture also dictates the type that you can use as well.

Dan.

I think the trees look appropriate for the Aussie scenery themed. Not knowing which authors trees they are, I can't comment about the impact, (if any) on the fps.
The route looks authentic and very realistic so far.

Cheers

Bob (CRO)

Guys,

Thanks for the nice feedback. The gums are excellent work by boobless_ed. I've included a couple of more shots to explain what I meant about the graphics in some areas being lesser than they were before I patched. The overhead wiring was a nice unobtrusive grey, which didn't stand out, whereas now it's the single most noticeable thing in any scene. It's now a very heavy black and not realistic at all in my view. The prototype o/head wire becomes nearly invisible from any more than a few carriage lengths away. Warwick St is a separate route from my first set of Tarunga Point pics but I still utilise the same scenic aspects for both routes, each having a uniquely Aussie flavour.

Last edited:
To get the overhead wires not disappear, you should turn anisotropy in video settings in options to higher lever, I think

Viesturs,

Thanks for the tip. It was at the lowest level. I put it up to the highest level and it has improved. Not as "heavy" looking now. Telegraph wires and fences on the routes were suffering from the same ailment. I think a lot of older content upgrades as best as it can with obvious limitations, but still ok. I'll post more pics soon.

Dan.

Last edited:
The Lawson River Heritage Society has some of it's collection stored at the old yard at Hillview on the secondary portion of the Tarunga Point Branch.
There is still a daily railcar service from the Tarunga line to this branchline and also the occasional light goods.

Last edited:
Hi 46,

I'm itching to get TS13 when it comes out as I've been wanting all your excellent suburban cars for a long time. cjennin's are nice but unfortunately only few in number. In the meantime I'll keep working on the two layouts I have, then transfer them over and also get your content when I upgrade.

Heading north towards Lawson River, the Saturday afternoon milk train from Tarunga Point gets a signal check with slightly more than the usual 48 class power up front.

Last edited:
Back