Surveyor doesn't like to multitask.

Tried that but it dint' werk', as I kept wondering: "Whats he building in there" ? And I kept clicking: "View Post"

Cascaderailroad and Helian43, will-power, that what it takes, will-power.

Answering his posts is like hitting your head against a brick wall - it feels so nice when you stop.

Don't get me wrong ... there are not many people that I do not like ... and I like Jon, and I want to help him experience all the joys I get out of simply building a RR

I've read through this entire thread. I want to make sure it's ok to run two versions of Trainz running on the same machine at the same time correct? I want my same WIP route open in TS2010 as a work and replace assets for it in TANE.

That would not be a problem. I have run the same layout simultaneously in both TS12 and T:ANE on the same computer. The performance of T:ANE was noticeable better.

I have done the same as well. I had a route open in TS12 and the same one in T:ANE open at the same time on a different monitor as I was going about comparing assets and replacing textures in T:ANE. This will be fine because it is two different versions of Trainz which each has its own database. This can also be done using two copies of the same version of Trainz pointing to two distinct separate databases; not pointing to the same database, which Jon has been doing. Sure he can get this to work, but he's treading on a thin line of corrupting something.

John

I have been running two versions of T:ANE concurrently on the same PC (dual screens of course) over the past couple of weeks and haven't encountered any problems at all. Provided your CPU, Graphics Card and PSU are up to the task there shouldn't be any problems. I have been doing this to update content on different Kuid versions of the same Route.
Regards
Bob

Back