Subways, Underground, Tram or anything else Urban shots!

I've only actually got one other shot to hand, so here it is:

A HAA coal train passes under the tramway, with the 1930s development in the background.

Comments:

The route is still in quite early developent, and where practical I've only used DLS assets. However, there are a few non-DLS assets in there, such as the tram signals and some of the stock you see here (some of my trams and Pikka's HAA wagons).

Also bear in mind that the latest of Bloodnok's signals have yet to be uploaded as well, but these are easily sourced. The route is unlikely to be released until after the next installment of Bloodnok's signals, as I have a use for the 2A signals (I will replace the 2ATs that are in their place now). You can see that there is a mix of conventional tramway signals and the 2 aspect railway signals. This is because I am making this for me rather than for you, but I could easily do two versions if desired.

At the moment the layout is quite small and can currently run three trams at a time, using the "control track at trackmark" commands to keep them apart. I might extend some of the loops to allow more to run at a time, but the whole system will have an extension at one end (the early 1900s semis end) and run parallel to the main railway line (until it dives into a tunnel).

I'm afraid that this will be an '06 layout, unless I get the time to rig it for '04. This is because I do not have enough time (patience neither) to look at all of the assets to see if they will work. This said, I will place a copy on my webspace (you'll still need the assets from the DLS to make it work to prevent unlicensed [sp?] version holders using it) so non-06 users can have a crack at it themselves.

Railway:

There is a railway in this layout, as you can see, and although the mainline is a portal -> station -> portal type job there will be a branch down into a sequence of valleys to one side. Though it will have a horrible grade all the way down though, so I don't know how the AI will handle it when complete.

Finally:

The era of this layout is simply set as "recent" -> you can clearly see here there are the latest railway traffic with modern cars and streets, and some of the finest early 20th centuary trams running through the middle. How you use it is completely up to you.

The layout is still a little bland texture-wise, so this will be changed shortly as my next task after the branch reaches its terminus, and the mainline is completely finished. As I said above, I will also look at extending the tramway. Currently, a round trip takes about 12min, which is great from an operational point of view for the first few times, but then it gets a little boring. It has been fun to build though. I often start layouts but don't finish them because I lose interest, and I'm still working on this one.

Hey Paulzmay
I was wondering when your new layout will be up to download.

And on a sidenote. I promised some pictures of one of my tram layours a while back but since then I have had to do a lot of work on remodelling it all. Expect some pictures sometime in the future.

I am currently working on a futuristic view of how the centre of Birmingham may look if all the proposed Metro lines are implemented. Its taking a long time because Birmingham is a very fiddley centre.

@Sleaze - Don't hold your breath :rolleyes: There is still a lot to do, and I'm very slow, and something of a perfectionist. It should be this year for phase 1 (hopefully early Autumn in the Northern Hemisphere). It will depend on me getting a new computer, as my current one struggles, and is infected by some rather nasty trojans :eek: I'm also working on the next phase of the Westhaven route, which my computer can cope with...

I look forward to seeing your future B'ham route - I lived there for many years, and occasionally used the tram to get to work in the Jewellery Quarter.

Paul

Hey since this is the tram forum and you all like trams so much I might as well ask here instead of else where. Does anyone know if a jerkwater has been made for trainz? Jerkwater- a tram that jerks around corners.
Jerkwaters as my aunt calls them were found in Baltimore around the time Mount Royal was a train station. And also are there any tolley busses from that same time period in trainz?

As for the pictures. Until I recover totally from my after easter computer meltdown I have nothing for ya sorry.

Looking good BidMod!

One from me...

tScreen_261.jpg

Paul
Where do you get the roads and the track and that station? I have the red aspalt.

Where do you get the roads and the track and that station? I have the red aspalt.

The roads and pavements are part of Andi06's street kit, laid onto an asphelt or bitumen texture on the ground. The station looks like it has been cobbled together (that doesn't sound as complementary as it should - I apologise) from some inbuilt items and a platform spline from the DLS. The canopy is one of those found under MS station in both '04 and '06, but the exact name of both escapes my memory.

Image: http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/paulzmay/tScreen_261.jpg

BidMod.

The roads and pavements are part of Andi06's street kit, laid onto an asphelt or bitumen texture on the ground. The station looks like it has been cobbled together (that doesn't sound as complementary as it should - I apologise) from some inbuilt items and a platform spline from the DLS. The canopy is one of those found under MS station in both '04 and '06, but the exact name of both escapes my memory.

Image: http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/paulzmay/tScreen_261.jpg

BidMod.

BidMod's practically right.

The station is Andi06's station kit with a German plaform by -Basti-. Track is by Andi06, with the catenary laid seperately.

The tram is by Cosey, and is on the DLS in several variants.

Paul

p.s. and another pic from me...

tScreen_270.jpg

Last edited:
Back