Stuttering graphics.

Relick

Sorry if this question has been asked before.

I am using an AMD RX6600 video card with 8Gb ram. My CPU is an I5-10400F and I have 32Gb ram on the Motherboard.

My route suffers from a bad case of Video stutters, (Shadows are off). Is this due to my video card or my CPU speed.
I used the AMD RX6600 on trs22 without this issue. It only started when I up graded to TRS22 plus.

I would be thankful for any advice. If I need a faster CPU or a better video card, please make suggestions.

Thanks in advance.. Ray.

I am using TRS22 Gold Plus and it is jittering some time depend on the size of the route I found out. RJ Artim

Last edited:
What speed (FPS) are you running at?
I have just ran a test under windows games thing and it says 43 FPS. I have a Nvidia 1050Ti with 4 Gb that I will try tomorrow in hopes that its better.
Thanks for asking about the FPS.

Last edited:
The 1050 will also normally give you around 40 fps or less, it's something else.
I have a 3060 (performs similar to the 6600) and you can exceed 75 and more.

Freeze your frame rate to lower that 43 then. If you have a 60hz monitor, use 30FPS and you'll eliminate a lot (if not all) of those stutters.

I use the speed by the signs on the tracks. Some friends like to speed and they lose the cars behind the train and think its funny. I don't do that. He will break the cars. I know about it know tumble some cars on sharp curves. RJArtim.

Last edited:
I have an RTX3080 and I still set my frame rate to 30 fps. I find I get better overall performance with less heat from the GPU. With Trainz being the way it is, you don't even notice the difference with the v-sync. This works most of the time, but occasionally there have been NVidia updates that require no V-sync enabled to get the best performance. This happened with the last two versions I installed. The only way to find out is to try it after the update.

I have an RTX3080 and I still set my frame rate to 30 fps. I find I get better overall performance with less heat from the GPU. With Trainz being the way it is, you don't even notice the difference with the v-sync. This works most of the time, but occasionally there have been NVidia updates that require no V-sync enabled to get the best performance. This happened with the last two versions I installed. The only way to find out is to try it after the update.
I have the same GPU along with a water-cooled Ryzen 9 7900. And, I also leave the sync at 30 to cut down on the heat and the noise! One time, I removed the limiter and was able to run around 150-170 FPS. However, despite there being no visual difference, the noise was unreal and the heat much like a good ceramic heater!

I have the same GPU along with a water-cooled Ryzen 9 7900. And, I also leave the sync at 30 to cut down on the heat and the noise! One time, I removed the limiter and was able to run around 150-170 FPS. However, despite there being no visual difference, the noise was unreal and the heat much like a good ceramic heater!
Yes! My system is similar except for an Intel i9-12900K.

Back