Small town layout (one board)

Hotgrove,

Would love to see this released. If you need help with uploading, PM me.

Glad to run you through it.

Matt.

Tks mattm.......the screenshots don't tell the whole story.......there is pockets of dodgy work throughout which will be noticed when i make it available....i agree that i should have added a portal......i would have done if i knew how to work them......now i know, and plan to use them next time.

As i said...there are no junctions or signals in this layout.....it's like a kids first trainset :D

I had no plans to upload this but what the hell.......go easy on me with the criticism :D ......maybe you could give it a bit of major surgery.

Tks mattm.......the screenshots don't tell the whole story.......there is pockets of dodgy work throughout which will be noticed when i make it available....i agree that i should have added a portal......i would have done if i knew how to work them......now i know, and plan to use them next time.

As i said...there are no junctions or signals in this layout.....it's like a kids first trainset :D

I had no plans to upload this but what the hell.......go easy on me with the criticism :D ......maybe you could give it a bit of major surgery.

Any criticism should be taken as suggestions for improvement, and nothing else. There may well be 'pockets of dodgy work throughout' but that just speaks well of your photography, as I can't see much worth complaining about.

As for surgery, I believe I already hinted at what I would like to implement, in terms of heavy rail, portal-to-portal ops, and that will require quite a bit of 'surgery', particularly if the route is to retain the feel that you have given it.

Matt.

The only problem I can find with this is that I don't think it can be classified as a 'Small town' ... Its Huge! :hehe:

Awsome work, mate :D Look forward to more, maybe with different themes :)

Stevo

It's not my particular area of interest but that mini route is inspirational! It's inspired me to do something similar myself once I'm finished my current project.

Someone posted shots of a UK single board route a couple of weeks ago and it too, was superb. Both of you show just what can be done with such a small space.

Fantastic work, keep it up.

Choose the best shot, and resize it to 240 pixels x 180 pixels

Then go into CCP and find 'add thumbnails' and it is as simple as that

Jamie

Cheers guys.....for uploading purposes i'm being asked to add a thumbnail.

guess what.....im stuck.

Easy done!

Take one of these awesome screenies, resize it to 240x180, then open CM.

Open for Edit
, copy/paste your resized screenshot to the route folder, the close that folder.

Right click again on your route and open with Content Creator Plus.

In CCP, at the top left is the word map; right-click this and click 'add a thumbnails container'.

In the dialogue that now opens, click the '...'; this opens your route folder.

Double click the image you just moved there, and in the box width, enter 2400, and in the box height, enter 180.

Save, exit CCP, commit your route, and you are now ready to go.

Edit: Jamie, you beat me; but then, I took time to explain in detail, so there you go. Who wins?:p

Cheers,

Matt.

No, I believe you should click on your route in CMP, and hit Ctrl+Shift+E. Or "Open IT for Edit in Explorer". A new window will open up. Now put your resize screenshot into that folder, and exit out.

Now,

Right click again on your route and open with Content Creator Plus.

In CCP, at the top left is the word map; right-click this and click 'add a thumbnails container'.

Double click the image you just moved there, and in the box width, enter 240, and in the box height, enter 180.

Save, exit CCP, commit your route, and you are now ready to go.

Thanks for the help guys but i'm gonna have to abandon this....going around in circles.....have content manager.....can't find CMP or CCP.....added route to main list and it comes with a list of missing dependencies ?

Got as far as saving it as a thumbnail......anyway.....no worries.

Thanks for the help guys but i'm gonna have to abandon this....going around in circles.....have content manager.....can't find CMP or CCP.....added route to main list and it comes with a list of missing dependencies ?

Got as far as saving it as a thumbnail......anyway.....no worries.

Ok, i think i understand your issue.

Open Content Manager, find your route, then, in this order:

Right click, Edit, Edit in Explorer.

In the folder that opens, copy and paste your thumbnail.

Close the folder.

In Content manager, right click on your route, Edit, Edit in Content Creator Plus.

In CCP, right click map, click Add A Thumbnails Container.

Double click the image you just moved there, and in the box width, enter 240, and in the box height, enter 180.

Save, exit Content Creator Plus, commit your route (Ctrl+M), and you are now ready to go.

This route looks to good to let go over something simple like a thumbnail; hence the help i am giving you. If you still find it difficult to do, send me a PM, and I will be glad to offer more in-depth assistance.

Edit: It may also be easier to create a rapidshare account, upload the file there, and post a link to it in this thread.

Cheers,

Matt.

Last edited:
Back