Simple TGA Modifications render Train Useless

frawleysean1

Monorail Enthusiast
I was tweaking with some of the textures with the monorail project trains and it now shows this message.

- The texture 'mkvicabblue_body/mkvicabexterior_med.tga' failed to load.

When I try to revert to the original, it shows this message:

- Unable to load source texture 'hash-a2/copytempsrcumxqlx2o183/mkvicabblue_body/mkvicarexterior_med.convert-tex' in subst 'local'

I find it difficult to believe that changing a couple of colors renders the entire unit useless, and I'm just about ready to put a hole through my monitor.

Please if anybody can help, please let me know.

I was tweaking with some of the textures with the monorail project trains and it now shows this message.

- The texture 'mkvicabblue_body/mkvicabexterior_med.tga' failed to load.
What exactly did you change? In particular check that the image size and pixel depth has not changed, that you have saved in the same format, and in particular that it is not a compressed format. Also check that the file name has not been 'fixed' - some applications silently adjust filenames that don't comply with all operating systems, such as changing spaces to underlines or removing foreign characters.

If you quote the KUID of the asset involved someone might look at it to see if there is something different about it.

What is the 'original' - downloaded from DLS, downloaded from elsewhere, payware, built-in or something else?

TR2006 requires uncompressed TGA files. Most image editors will default to RLE compression so you need to watch that option carefully when saving.

Open the asset up for editing. Open the texture up in your image editor, and resave it without compression then close all folders and commit the asset.

Back