fTxD9Eh.jpg

OgVuKym.jpg

tgyiaFE.jpg

Vp7aHX6.jpg

7mlGXrD.jpg

KpevCqc.jpg

Cheers

Grand Junction, Tennessee.
The rare prototypical effort on my part. Real scenes of small towns have so much empty space, I usually when making fictional towns have them way too dense with buildings, just realized that.

Population in the 1970s was around 325. Back in 1900 the population was 839.

Illonois Central and the Southern Railway had a junction here. The depot off to the right a bit in the distance belonged to the Illonois Central and one of my buddies on the School Bus dad worked there.

Crazy lumber company scene I put together from memory. These days that's a storage and utility space for the small branch line that still operates from Grand Junction down into Mississippi.

My Dad and one of my brothers were eating lunch at the Junction Cafe when Dad struck up a conversation with the Engineer of a very small Illinois Central local. He talked the Engineer into taking my brother and I up to the next town of Hickory Valley in his locomotive! I can remember pulling into Hickory Valley and seeing Dad and his blue pickup truck waiting at a crossing for us.

Looking good hiawathamr.

Hopefully you are going to replace some of the cars stacked at the edge of the layout in the scrap yard. I think some of those are from the original trainz release :)
Some 'Crushed Cars' assets might look good or many others.

Back