Show Off Your Routes *Potential For Large Screenshots*

K03ApS2.jpeg

Toa0NNE.jpeg

Cheers

Meanwhile on another project somewhere in USA...

Caption: WIP route - inbound tanker unit train heading east
BU5dBHc.jpeg

Caption: slowly proceeds through Lower Silver RD crossing
Rxe8jmU.jpeg

Caption: train stopped due to red signal to wait for another train to clear the path up ahead. Crossing was blocked for appox 15 minutes
QkQgjSL.jpeg

Cheers

I've been working on a little something different....

It's a small indoor layout that runs around the floors of two rooms in a house, through the walls, across tables and cabinets and a few other places.

Been wanting to do something quirky like this for a while and finally got around to doing it :)

Cheers
Walter

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Now you just gave me another idea right when I was going to work on my prototype route... lol
Is the cat purring by any chance? ;)

Cheers

It's been a while since I've made any real updates to my Cascade Pass II project. So here's a little bit of progress.

n3cV65N.jpg

East end of the Goodwater Loop and the west end of the route itself so far, hence the grid mountain.

M52cztz.jpg

Crossing the Camp River at Goodwater

ZzQwuDd.jpg

Jumping a tad east, passing the West Outpost siding and old Outpost wye.

gIQ04Ul.jpg

As we enter Outpost, we meet the local helper set, waiting to give the next westbound a boost. Grades get rather steep west of Outpost.

hg0sKus.jpg

Crawling through Outpost, past the Amtrak station.

iNzKNiu.jpg

Jumping a little farther east, on the new section now, between Outpost and Hidden Lakes.

rBtKbZg.jpg

Passing the Hidden Lakes cabins and marina. Despite the name, there's only one lake here. They must've hidden the others very well.

OFGt0sg.jpg

Heading east away from Hidden Lakes.

9uyWLZn.jpg

Crossing Hidden Lakes Creek

pBO5ziM.jpg

Riding off to the east edge of the map.

I took heavy inspiration from the Marias Pass here, but this is all fictional. And we still don't talk about Cascade Pass I.

Matt

Last edited:

ICG Freight heading north through Grand Junction, Tennessee.

May Creek in Tennessee. About five miles downstream of this point May Creek flows through our family farm. Usually, the sandy creek looks dry with no flowing water. My Dad told me under the surface water is moving through the sand. I verified that once while crossing May Creek on a horse. The horse in the middle of the creek sank up to my saddle. I jumped off, made it to good ground and with the bridle pulled the horse out of the quicksand.

More Cascade Pass II stuff.

This time, we're focusing on the town of Clyde. Founded just as the railroad was being built through the area, Clyde was intended to be a place where ranchers to the east and loggers to the west could bring their products to market. While the town never had that economic boom the founders were anticipating, today the tiny town is abuzz with industrial activity, now home to four on-line customers for the railway. "Clyde Yard" isn't officially recognized as a yard, it's a couple sidings at best, but as traffic in and out of the town have increased, crossovers and pullout tracks have been built so switching ops never have to enter the mainline. Today, we're observing the Clyde Turn as it services local industries.

w9gITR1.jpeg

The Clyde Turn arrives in its namesake town and crosses Main Street.

mhwAW7w.jpeg

First order of business is to break up the train into more digestible sections, so they won't have to shove the entire train into each industrial lead.

XCkuJiV.jpg

First stop is a logging loadout. Four empties will be swapped with five loads here.

Wzro7Cr.jpeg

With the swap complete, we head back to Clyde Yard.

6l6M6xP.jpeg

Our next stop is Southern Pine Lumber. One empty centerbeam is being swapped with one loaded with lumber. The empty will be added to our outbound train.

2eTmWOB.jpg

Now on to the two freight houses in Clyde. Building 2 gets three boxcars of inbound goods and gives us back two empties, building 1 gets two empty boxcars and gives us back two loads.

TJ6uxCG.jpg

With the four boxcars added to the outbound train, it's time to head back across Main Street to tackle the beast...

tK68V8a.jpg

Cascade Recycling is by far the largest customer in Clyde. They were recently awarded a contract to scrap railcars that had aged out or were otherwise regulated out of service. Today the local will be picking up eight loads of scrap metal and two empty flatcars, and dropping off nine empty gondolas and two retired tank cars.

DJT8Tl5.jpeg

The pickup...

ji70Ohn.jpeg

And dropping off. The cars picked up here will be added to the outbound train. And with that, today's chores in Clyde are complete. The outbound train is fully assembled and ready to head back to Fort Bellows. Before taking off, the crew breaks for lunch at a local tavern. The engineer glares longingly at the bar, wishing he had a beer to go with his burger. But alas, he's on the clock, so Diet Coke will have to do.

Matt

Tinkering with lighting a little bit on the never-ending Cascade Pass II project (seriously, I will probably never finish this. Please stop with the DM's asking when/if/where it will be released. You know who you are.). Parts of the route just seemed to me to be rather... dull? So I'm trying to find that common ground between bright and colorful, and headache inducing. I think I might need to tone it back down a smidge, but I thought I'd go fishing for opinions first. The following screenshots are around Clyde, where I've done a little more detailing since my last post, at noon sharp on a clear day. None of the ground textures or greenery have changed.

MofOQkC.jpeg

U5Ik9Gc.jpeg

im38D6h.jpeg

X8kiOmo.jpeg

eVceP0V.jpeg

zAUcnrF.jpeg

Y9v7KEj.jpeg

YkQ4Ao1.jpeg

Matt

Last edited:
Wow! [Picks jaw up off floor and quickly wipes drool away] Great work there epa! Love the junk yard. Can't go wrong with one of those.

I've been revisiting the Oyster Bay Railroad and updating it for TRS22 PE. Added many new details and swapped older items for newer ones.

May add a few new locos too....just need to get around to reskinning them...

Cheers
Walter

Back