Show off your reskins!

CFNR 104 is the WIP that I'm attempting this week. Wanted something that looks like the real deal, RRMods dot com just so happens to have the model to fill the hardware. Now I am skinning it up.

661658007ee9a451c8e6bcb47013ed76.jpg

49a58fb1e9d8fce825e98d9408852a21.jpg

Another fine ALCO from you, Josh. You might have to show me some of your weathering techniques, I have a few RSD-5s that could use some dressing up.

One or two billboards...
bab101c58a96e9600800570da33e9c0d.png

and a couple yellow frame stripe units...

a4298f1d27aaed4c962f941b8423f9c2.png

and another billboard...
db6b616cd4dd3c444772fee13593b266.png

P.S.: does anyone know if i'm allowed to upload these resins to the DLS?(they are reskinned from the AMTZ amtrak billboards)

Last edited:
Trying to Reskin Cincysouthernrwy's Passenger Cars

I'm trying to reskin Cincysouthernrwy's Southern passenger cars to look like the ones used at the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum, which is similar to Norfolk & Western paint scheme. When you open 'Observation-Business Car Southern New River', there is three folders, 'observation-business car southern new river_art', 'observation-business car southern new river_body', 'observation-business car southern new river_shadow', plus the config file and the texture elevation.tga. The .tga file elevation.tga is a Chesapeake & Ohio observation car. However, the .tga file elevation1.tga file in the folder 'observation-business car southern new river_body' has the skin of a Louisville & Nashville observation car and the mesh observation-business car southern new river_body.pm shows a Southern observation car. No matter what I do to elevation1.tga file in 'observation-business car southern new river_body' and the elevation.tga file located with the config file, the mesh still appears as a Southern observation car. Also, there's an elevation.tga and a .txt file 'elevation.texture.txt' in the folder. The elevation.tga is just a series of grey and black squares, which I do not understand. Can someone help me?

Back