Show off your reskins!

Burnmouth & Union Pacific almost ready, just needs some smoke effects work and it will be ready with the hoppers :)

5a3d82d25203d2e00d44802832faf927.jpg

Cheers
Stevo

Love the B&URR! The steamers look great, nice weathering! I only have one wish, you start buying early EMD power... ;)

Mike

Stevo, don't listen to Mike the salesman.
Once you have replaced all your steamers with diesels he will want you to replace diesels with diesels... ;)

LOL, I generally try not to, Felix :p
Is Alco close enough, Mike? :p been planning to come up with a livery for an RS-3, should be a fun project, an attempt to compete with Felix's outstanding units :)
Closest I can give you really though is the F7s, of which I've made two schemes...
You can grab them here: http://trainzforge.weebly.com/f7-us.html

Cheers
Stevo

Very nice!

Are those Magicland's coaches or Ben Dorsey's that you repainted?

Terrific reskin job by the way.

All you need now is Magicland's H24-66 Trainmasters reskinned with some new textures and some new trucks underneath them.

I have been fooling around with them and think I have the loco numbers working.

They are here:

https://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS_viewasset.php?AssetID=32052

Last edited:
Nice job on the Magicland's cars!

Ben Dorsey's cars ala the DLS could also be modded to represent some equipment...

I'd bet if you ask him nice for the source files .... (I believe they are in 3ds file format) you could make exact prototypes.

What trucks did you use under Magicland's stuff?

Last edited:
I was considering pestering him about that myself :hehe: First I am hoping to find a book that has a good collection of SP equipment drawings to aid in modeling ("Southern Pacific Passenger Cars, Vol. 1: Coaches and Chair Cars"), but I have yet to have good luck finding one at a reasonable price. I am combing through small sites right now looking for it. If anyone has a copy, I would appreciate a few scans if you have the time.

The Trucks are skins of two different creator's work as well. The bilevel has SimulatorTrain's metra truck, while the Subs have one called "American_Type_2Axle_Bogey for Pullman coach" by rwk. They don't quite work, though they are close to the actual trucks used, the cars ride a little to high for trucks and leave a bit of a gap between the body and the mounts for the trucks... Basically just an overly open space under the frame that does not look right. I am not sure what I will do about that just yet.

cheers

those gallerys look like the ones I've seen in a photograph of them running here in phoenix, only one shot so I've never been able to verify that SP used them... :/

Back