Serial Number Won't Read upon Re-Installing

LBMATTY

I Got Trainz 2010 Engineer's Edition as a christmas gift, and was experiencing some problems, and i decided to re-install, but for reasons unknown, it won't take the serial number. i've tried looking in the help desk, but i found NOTHING To help with my situation. That's Just Great. -_-

Welcome to the forums.

When reinstalling TS2010, did you install all components?

Shane

i didn't install the Engineer's edition features, and even if i did, it wouldn't work anyway. :/
it says you have not entered a valid serial number. please check that you are entering English characters.

Last edited:
I have a feeling I know what the OP has done.

When installing TS2010, there are two components. Both must be installed in order to be able to register a serial number.

Shane

If it's the Trainz configuration window that's accessible from the Trainz launcher via the 'Options' button, last night i found out how to fix this. Make sure you have your serial number in hand, and then type it into the box marked 'Serial Number'. Make sure your Caps lock is on, it will save your computer from puting that annoying FilterKeys on when you hold the 'shift' key down. Enter your serial number, then click the button marked 'Add' on the right. The serial number will then appear in the text box below it. Then click 'Ok' and select the 'Content' option in the Trainz Launcher. Trainz may have to perform a database update, but aside from that you should be good to go.

I Tried that too, it didn't work.. :/

Back