Search for non-DLS content

HiBaller

19 Years of Trainz
Has anyone come up with search parameters in the CM dropdown in which a given route can be checked to see if non-DLS items have been included? I've tried dozens of combinations and none of them give me the results I'm looking for.

I start with a normal "List Dependencies Recursively" to make sure I get everything included in the route. After that, I work with those results exclusively. I've tried several ways to see where the content listed comes from. Downloaded from the DLS and Base are a given as located, but there might be a lot of "Modified" entries which I've found often come from outside sources. BUT, there's no way to tell if it's on the DLS and I've modified it slightly or what. Outside of Modified, there has crept into that column lots of different entries which make the task difficult. "Packaged" has me befuddled as I'm not sure where the item came to get that tag. Some people simply keep a "virgin" copy of their game and NEVER add anything that isn't on the DLS. Given the current size of the game, and the difficulty in making sure you're working with the right database, this can lead to frustration on a huge scale.

The only way I've come up with is lengthy and messy: I save off everything that I'm not positive is on the DLS into a big CDP then delete the items. Of course your route shows up missing dependencies at that point, so listing dependencies will show what is available on the DLS and what isn't. Is this efficient? Are there other ways to do this using the dropdown keywords and logical phrases?

Bill

I find that is the only column I haven't activated. (facepalm). I see now. It was so obvious I overlooked it. Thanks, Malc.

Bill

Built-in = false
On DLS = false
Assets left showing are third-party, unknown, packaged, or packaged payware.
You can add packaged = false as most packaged assets have a DLS version that may be a lower version number than the packaged one.

There's an "On DLS" option in the search filters...

Built-in = false
On DLS = false
Assets left showing are third-party, unknown, packaged, or packaged payware.
You can add packaged = false as most packaged assets have a DLS version that may be a lower version number than the packaged one.

I tried using that filter option, but couldn't get it to work properly once I'd filtered out the dependencies for a given route into a new window. I either got all of them, or none of them. Now that I was reminded of the Upload Date, I'm sure this will get me what I was looking for.

Thanks to all who responded.

Bill

Back