SD70ACU enginesound update possibility?

AV3

Now I'm not the type of person to complain about sounds that much but I have to admit. While I have thoroughly enjoyed my purchase of Audie's SD70ACUs. I've noticed that the current sounds of the ACUs are a bit lackluster to say the least. They're the same 16-710G3B sounds that are used on the SD70 standard cabs aren't all that accurate compared to the real ACUs. Especially the Idle. However, I've noticed that the Searchlight simulations versions of the JR ACus graciously ported over to railworks by Woody have sounds that are a lot more accurate to a real 16-710G3C-ES that the SD70ACUs use if I do say so myself. So I've got to wonder, will the railworks sounds ever be ported over to trainz? For the time being I'm using NARM's normal 16-710G3C as a stand in. Not the best but it works.

You have to remember that the TRS version of the ACU came out before our port to TSC. It's possible for us to port the new audio over, yes, but you have to remember there's massive limitations to the sound engine in TRS so you'll never have that same "impact" we get in TSC.

In TSC we get ample audio channels to allow individual scripted mixing of trebels, mids, and importantly the bass channels which allow for us to dynamically vary the load on the engine as you progress through the notches and the load regulation component of EM2000 does its thing.

Last edited:
Now I'm not the type of person to complain about sounds that much but I have to admit. While I have thoroughly enjoyed my purchase of Audie's SD70ACUs. I've noticed that the current sounds of the ACUs are a bit lackluster to say the least. They're the same 16-710G3B sounds that are used on the SD70 standard cabs aren't all that accurate compared to the real ACUs. Especially the Idle. However, I've noticed that the Searchlight simulations versions of the JR ACus graciously ported over to railworks by Woody have sounds that are a lot more accurate to a real 16-710G3C-ES that the SD70ACUs use if I do say so myself. So I've got to wonder, will the railworks sounds ever be ported over to trainz? For the time being I'm using NARM's normal 16-710G3C as a stand in. Not the best but it works.
i would not be posting this in this Group unless you want a bunch of Backlash to happen like it did to me.... Its not something I would be sharing in a place like this as millions of people see this on a daily basis including the Folks at JR which i managed to piss off there sound guys because i complained about a certain sound not being correctly made... You need to keep things like the comment you made to your self unless you wanna take the backlash from it...

i would not be posting this in this Group unless you want a bunch of Backlash to happen like it did to me.... Its not something I would be sharing in a place like this as millions of people see this on a daily basis including the Folks at JR which i managed to piss off there sound guys because i complained about a certain sound not being correctly made... You need to keep things like the comment you made to your self unless you wanna take the backlash from it...
Nah they made a critique without being a dunce about it. You recieved backlash because you can't say something without being a prick.

no this guy made an actual valid critique that might actually encourage us to make a change to our stuff, you made a nonsensical comment that is just objectively false and can easily be changed if you don't like it.

You have to remember that the TRS version of the ACU came out before our port to TSC. It's possible for us to port the new audio over, yes, but you have to remember there's massive limitations to the sound engine in TRS so you'll never have that same "impact" we get in TSC.

In TSC we get ample audio channels to allow individual scripted mixing of trebels, mids, and importantly the bass channels which allow for us to dynamically vary the load on the engine as you progress through the notches and the load regulation component of EM2000 does its thing.
Ah. I see now, I've always wondered how the sound system in TSC worked.

Back