~

1fb0ff23.jpg~original

2b45f80d.jpg~original

Last edited:
@Dermmy

Thanks Andy.;)

@zieba111

Genuinely no photoshopping.

That loco uses the Twinkles smoke effect. It’s the RENFE 242F available from trensim.com

You’re not the first to ask! This great smoke effect can be attached to some other locos. There’s a thread about it here.

Cheers
Casper
:)

I managed to merge M300 Campina - Brasov and TransMontana routes :)

The result is a more than 200km route that looks like this

51768563.jpg

I have changed some tracks to improve FPS, some textures and vegetation have been replaced. Of course there is a new area between the routes, about 6-7 baseboards.

Yes, it’s around half zoom in Driver.

I’m really liking this new (to me) method. It’s like having a high powered pair of binoculars with which to see my Routes from completely new perspectives. It also provides a stunning new dimension for creative shot taking!

One of the great things about the facility is that the assets remain in perfect shape and focus all the way through the focal length range. I wouldn’t have been surprised if the whole image became more pixellated at higher magnification, but miraculously it doesn’t!

It’s a really great tool.

About what kind of tool do you talk? I like the zoomed images, but with which tool can I achieve that?

About what kind of tool do you talk? I like the zoomed images, but with which tool can I achieve that?

Hi NS.

If you have, or add, –freeintcam in your TrainzOptions.txt file you can move from your position inside of any locomotive or carriage which allows internal viewing.

You need to be in Driver, Cab view.

• Use the four keyboard arrow keys to move your viewing position foward, back, left or right.

However, you are not limited to the inside of these vehicles. By keeping the appropriate key pressed you can move outside as far away as you wish, albeit at a fairly slow pace.

In addition the four directional keys you can use:

• PageUp and PageDown keys to gain or reduce height.

• Hold down Right Mouse Button and at the same time Move Mouse to pan and tilt (a bit like using a camera tripod handle).

• Roll Mouse Wheel to zoom.

The zoom is the bit which is fascinating me. Although I’d used the Cab –freeintcam views many times in the past I hadn’t discovered the zoom function until scratchy pointed me in the right direction in a recent thread.

I don’t know the range for sure, but it looks to be around 10x magnification from wide to telephoto. Here are two shots taken from the same position showing the extremes on a bit of Route I’m currently working on .

2afa001b.jpg~original

83a6c4de.jpg~original

Last edited:
Thanks for the great answer, I used it also in cab mode, but than you have the window of your cab in the screenshot, this solution works perfect!

Thanks for the great answer, I used it also in cab mode, but than you have the window of your cab in the screenshot, this solution works perfect!

You're welcome.

One thing I forgot to put in my answer is that the extended outside view will move if you power up the loco.

This gives another, and versatile, mobile tracking view which you can can vary with the locomotive speed control.

Back