Ben Neals WONDERFUL MACHINE..

BobCass

Bobcass_20110205_0000.jpg

Hey thank you JimDep..This is the best engine in Trainz..It runs so smooth and reacts well..Ben Neal no doubt has a gift..

Nice shot Bob!

That smoke makes a huge difference. It does look like the Twinkles Renfe variety which is amongst the best out there

Another really good one is the smoke effect that comes with the British Rail 9f locos.

Cheers
Casper
:)

JackieG: It is kind of confusing how to change the smoke..But Here goes..This will only work on Ben Neal's stuff..The first thing is to do,find the engine file in your computer, computer/osc/program files/auran/2009/data user/editing..Incidentily, you must have downloaded two engines #141 Renfe, 242F Renfe from Trensim..Find humoconfederada.tfx(#242F) or vapor1ms.tfx(#141)..Copy either one of those, now to Cm, find the engine, Edit thru exploerer..Paste what you have copied into window that opens up, next go to con fig file open and find Stack.tfx..Change that to either humoconferderada.tfx or vapor1ms.tfx..Good Luck..It took me a couple of shots at it..

casper: Thanks for the comment..I love the smoke..Coming from a guy like you is very flattering..:wave:

In 04/06 it will never have the high detail smoke ~image link snipped~
Oh yes it will!

True by turning up the Performance: Particle Effects to the max will produce an unrealistic dark funnel cloud, tornado effect, pitch black smoke.
That only applies to the original smoke

As I understand it, if he has edited the config.txt to put in the Renfe smoke, then it will appear as the new, not the original smoke.

This is a Renfe loco, the smoke from which which we think Bob has used, which show the detail you can get in TRS2004 - so TRS2006 should get this level of detail too.

Come on Bob – tell us how you did it! Edit: He has - see post 15 on page 1

Casper
:D

renfesteam.jpg

Imageshack

Last edited:
JackieG: It is kind of confusing how to change the smoke..But Here goes..This will only work on Ben Neal's stuff..The first thing is to do,find the engine file in your computer, computer/osc/program files/auran/2009/data user/editing..Incidentily, you must have downloaded two engines #141 Renfe, 242F Renfe from Trensim..Find humoconfederada.tfx(#242F) or vapor1ms.tfx(#141)..Copy either one of those, now to Cm, find the engine, Edit thru exploerer..Paste what you have copied into window that opens up, next go to con fig file open and find Stack.tfx..Change that to either humoconferderada.tfx or vapor1ms.tfx..Good Luck..It took me a couple of shots at it..
Perhaps I was wrong? I did not know that ... I will have to try that ... thanks for clarifying.

Hi Bob.

Looks like we've cross posted - my fault!

You're very welcome. I love the good use of some of these great smoke effects.

For anyone trying it in TRS2004, TrainzObjectz makes config.txt file editing a breeze! Particularly true if you have Vista, where I wouldn't know where to even find the files!

Cheers
Casper
:)

Oh yes it will!

That only applies to the original smoke

As I understand it, if he has edited the config.txt to put in the Renfe smoke, then it will appear as the new, not the original smoke.

This is a Renfe loco, the smoke from which which we think Bob has used, which show the detail you can get in TRS2004 - so TRS2006 should get this level of detail too.

Come on Bob – tell us how you did it!

Casper
:D

[
I'd like to see that smoke on the big boy:hehe:

Back