Runaway script? (trafficcontroller.gs)

ldowns

I'm working on a very large layout, with over 140 ATLS-controlled crossings (so far), and after experiencing a number of crashes to the desktop started looking at my onscreen stats. The "Worst Script Library" generally starts with routemenu.gs at 1013125, but is shortly replaced by trafficcontroller.gs starting at 1087000 and climbing from there, often up into the hundreds of millions if I'm editing for a long time. It never stops climbing.

Since trafficcontroller.gs is the script for the ATLS Controller, I guess I'm asking if I've exceeded some kind of built in limit in the script or is this normal behavior? I don't know that the crashes to desktop are being caused by this or are unrelated, but it seems like something to follow up on.

I'm running TS2012 (pre-SP1) and have the latest versions of the ATLS controller, slave and trigger. I'm running 64-bit Windows 7 with 16GB of memory (which of course TS2012 doesn't use).

Anyone else encoutered this?

Thanks,
Lamont

I have 240 and counting probably end up around 300 ATLS crossings I noticed to the worst offender is the same and using win 8...I thus far have not had any crashes etc.,except longer loading time when I decided to run lines to Joliet in which adding more base boards caused that so I will suggestively say that should not be a cause for your crashes.....

Thank you! Knowing what your experience has been with this many crossings is very helpful. I'll look for another cause for the crashes...

--Lamont

To all:

I am still wondering about the "Worst Script Library" figure constantly climbing, eventually to stratospheric levels. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,
Lamont

Back