Rolling stock for Paris Metro?

CasyJ

Ear To The Rail
It's been many years since I visited Paris and rode the Metro underground. I'm looking for modern rolling stock, third rail type, to place on the Metro V2 layout available on the DLS. Does anyone have any information as what types are being used on the line to date? Thanks.

I am sorry, but I do not remember any Métro de Paris rolling stock that is available for download. Furthermore I suppose that the Metro V2 layout is not limited to a Paris-style underground. It seems to be rather a kind of fictional network that may accommodate different types of rolling stock. (The screenshot along with it on the DLS shows Berlin U-Bahn stock.)

I am sorry, but I do not remember any Métro de Paris rolling stock that is available for download. Furthermore I suppose that the Metro V2 layout is not limited to a Paris-style underground. It seems to be rather a kind of fictional network that may accommodate different types of rolling stock. (The screenshot along with it on the DLS shows Berlin U-Bahn stock.)

I understand. The good people in the Trainz Francais forum said the same, but pointed me to some good information about Paris Metro trains. Looks like I'll have to start learning how to model.:D

Try typing in métro parisien? in the search bar of this forum. You will find this picture. Unfortunately i found this by chance and do not speak French.
sprague1qs9.jpg

This is indeed a model of the Sprague-Thomson in use from 1926 until 1983 (with other versions dating from the early years of the last century), but it is not one of mine. In fact, I believe this is a model from Microsoft Trains Simulator. If you are interested in these old-timers, you will find my versions on the DLS listed as "Sprague CMP ....." under my KUID 275817, also some simulations of stations together with track, tunnels, station signs, etc. (these are named "Metro .....").Also available are two station entrance buildings based on a faded 1909 photo of Quai de la Rapee. "Metro test and demo" is a non-scenic layout showing how my various custom objects work together, and the whole project is described at http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/raywhiley/metro.html
Sprague-Thomson stock in the other liveries (Line 1 and the Nord-Sud) are on the way.
Other than Brian Hardy's book "Paris Metro Handbook" (Capital Transport Publishing), I know of no other source material in English although an internet search will find a few books in French. The internet also has a good variety of photos of the Metro, and the Paris Transport Museum (well worth a visit) has its own site - search for AMTUIR. ADEMAS is another source also METRORAMA for panoramic photos.
I hope this helps. I spent over 50 years wanting to make Metro models, and over six months doing the research and modelling for TRAINZ models. If you make models of the modern stock, I for one would be very interested.
This is one of mine:

metro8a.jpg

Best wishes, Ray

This one, as I said earlier, is a screenshot from the Internet of an item for Microsoft Trains Simulator.

You can find my versions listed on the Download Station as 'Sprague CMP M' etc. or enter my KUID 275817 and look for 'locomotives' and 'rolling stock'. Other versions are also available including a 'TA' (tracteur atelier - shunting locomotive) and I've prepared a trailer in blue and white livery as the mobile clasroom used by the Metro - not yet released.

Ray

This is indeed a model of the Sprague-Thomson in use from 1926 until 1983 (with other versions dating from the early years of the last century), but it is not one of mine. In fact, I believe this is a model from Microsoft Trains Simulator. If you are interested in these old-timers, you will find my versions on the DLS listed as "Sprague CMP ....." under my KUID 275817, also some simulations of stations together with track, tunnels, station signs, etc. (these are named "Metro .....").Also available are two station entrance buildings based on a faded 1909 photo of Quai de la Rapee. "Metro test and demo" is a non-scenic layout showing how my various custom objects work together, and the whole project is described at http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/raywhiley/metro.html
Sprague-Thomson stock in the other liveries (Line 1 and the Nord-Sud) are on the way.
Other than Brian Hardy's book "Paris Metro Handbook" (Capital Transport Publishing), I know of no other source material in English although an internet search will find a few books in French. The internet also has a good variety of photos of the Metro, and the Paris Transport Museum (well worth a visit) has its own site - search for AMTUIR. ADEMAS is another source also METRORAMA for panoramic photos.
I hope this helps. I spent over 50 years wanting to make Metro models, and over six months doing the research and modelling for TRAINZ models. If you make models of the modern stock, I for one would be very interested.
This is one of mine:

metro8a.jpg

Best wishes, Ray
Can you make a model of the MF2000, MP59 or MP89 please?

Back