Road traffic broken?

SD24_504

Hi all. Ive encountered a problem that I cant wrap my head around how to fix. I made a traffic region for a certain route, and traffic does spawn in surveyor mode, but not in driver. Im not sure why. The road traffic setting is enabled and my TRS19 build is 117026 if that helps.

I do not recall specifics, but I do recall reading that Dave Snow was having issues with traffic. The traffic in Surveyor specifically was never mentioned one way or the other, but he did mention that under Driver he was having zero road traffic. The solution turned out to have something to do with the settings for traffic rate being too low. If you don`t know how to search for threads, I could give it a try for you.

I do not recall specifics, but I do recall reading that Dave Snow was having issues with traffic. The traffic in Surveyor specifically was never mentioned one way or the other, but he did mention that under Driver he was having zero road traffic. The solution turned out to have something to do with the settings for traffic rate being too low. If you don`t know how to search for threads, I could give it a try for you.
If you could find anything, that'd be appreciated. Im not really sure what the traffic rate settings are honestly.

If you could find anything, that'd be appreciated. Im not really sure what the traffic rate settings are honestly.
They are tags in roads, not regions.

Whatever your test route, try different regions and see if ANY work. Some roads don't spawn traffic. And I've found some "traffic spawners" don't work in 19 while others do.

Once you know for sure that you have roads that work right in driver, try your region again.

They are tags in roads, not regions.

Whatever your test route, try different regions and see if ANY work. Some roads don't spawn traffic. And I've found some "traffic spawners" don't work in 19 while others do.

Once you know for sure that you have roads that work right in driver, try your region again.
I have tested a few other regions. None work in driver on this specific route, but they work on others. The roads I am using are Yarn invisible roads (over my cosmetic handmade ones), and they're supposed to spawn traffic on their own. I have also tried switching out the roads for different ones but that wasn't a success either.

Its the TS12 forum. All it says is how to manually edit the config of your route to make the region "United States" - that doesnt sound like your issue.

There is an option under, um, edit session (or route, or environment, I can't recall) that specifies if traffic is on or off. Maybe check that.

Its the TS12 forum. All it says is how to manually edit the config of your route to make the region "United States" - that doesnt sound like your issue.

There is an option under, um, edit session (or route, or environment, I can't recall) that specifies if traffic is on or off. Maybe check that.
Yes, under the environment tab. Thats been on as well.

Surveyor is paused if you are using TRS19 PE and up due to Unified Driver Surveyor (UDS). When Surveyor is paused, there is no traffic or any other animation or sound.

Surveyor is paused if you are using TRS19 PE and up due to Unified Driver Surveyor (UDS). When Surveyor is paused, there is no traffic or any other animation or sound.
Not using UDS. Like I said, traffic shows in surveyor but not driver.

Just had an idea.

Find a route with working traffic.

If its not yours clone it, and save it, and check the traffic still works.

Now, change its region to your custom one. Does the traffic still work?

Just had an idea.

Find a route with working traffic.

If its not yours clone it, and save it, and check the traffic still works.

Now, change its region to your custom one. Does the traffic still work?
Seems to work on the DBEV. absolutely 0 clue why this isnt working on my route.

Seems like Im not allowed to view this topic?
I just tried it; it`s working for me. More, the link I posted takes me there. Unfortunately, it isn`t the thread that I was looking for. I seem to recall him chatting with the CEO about it, but I couldn`t find the thread the other day. The issue was resolved, and editing the tag regulating the generation rate of Carz. It seems that it may have been caused by "improvements" to the game engine. I`ll try again to find it again. Sorry that I found the wrong thread.

I just tried it; it`s working for me. More, the link I posted takes me there. Unfortunately, it isn`t the thread that I was looking for. I seem to recall him chatting with the CEO about it, but I couldn`t find the thread the other day. The issue was resolved, and editing the tag regulating the generation rate of Carz. It seems that it may have been caused by "improvements" to the game engine. I`ll try again to find it again. Sorry that I found the wrong thread.
no worries. I did fine the tag in the road though. No luck so far.

Forgot to add. Tried both my region and the DBEV region on the DBEV. both work. Nothing seems to work on my route?
This is progress, it means that the issue is (within) your route. Can you copy and paste the contents of its config.txt here?

Back