Razorback Railways sessions in TS10

twarner

Around since 2001
I have the Razorback routes installed on TS10 but no sessions.

I have the Razorback discs but cannot seem to get the sessions installed, although they are all in TS2006 which really doesn't perform well and I can't get the aspect ration ratio correct on my monitor.

Any Razorback enthusiasts out there that could help please?

Or any later versions, if that's possible.

Terry

Authorised update of Razorback for TANE <kuid:179185:100288> Razorback Classic v6.5.1
No sessions though

There is a TS12 version at 3.7, different creator that does have a session.

Plus original route and scenarios are also on the DLS

Just search Razorback in CM

Thanks for the info Malc. I'll see what I can find on the DL.

Is Razorback dual around anywhere?

I've got over 50 sessions for each of the layouts on TS06 but as I said, it performs dreadfully on my setup.

Terry

Thanks for the info Malc. I'll see what I can find on the DL.

Is Razorback dual around anywhere?

I've got over 50 sessions for each of the layouts on TS06 but as I said, it performs dreadfully on my setup.

Terry

Ones got DV on the end of the name so guess that may be the Dual Version?

I believe that the sessions are saved as .exe files? I know I have some around here some where that are. If that is a self extracting archive you might be able to extract the files inside to your desktop and then drop the files into the content manager window to install them. If the .exe files are really some sort of installer looking for trs2006 then you might have to install TRS2006 again and then pluck them from it.

I would stick to the route made by shutter for compatibility reasons when trying to get the sessions files to work.

William

I believe that the sessions are saved as .exe files? I know I have some around here some where that are. If that is a self extracting archive you might be able to extract the files inside to your desktop and then drop the files into the content manager window to install them. If the .exe files are really some sort of installer looking for trs2006 then you might have to install TRS2006 again and then pluck them from it.

I would stick to the route made by shutter for compatibility reasons when trying to get the sessions files to work.

Are you talking about the Razorback discs files here William?

Terry

I didn't get them on DVD. Right before Larry called it quits he made all the scenarios and sessions available for download by members. I grabbed a bunch of them then. I had forgotten about them until I was looking for something else on some old unused hard drives and I saw about 20 of them in a folder. Those are all .exe files. If I get a moment, I'll look for them again and see if I can install them.

William

On reflection, that was probably how I got mine.

How can they be identified in 2006 CM and possibly copied to 2010, do you know?

Terry

On reflection, that was probably how I got mine.

How can they be identified in 2006 CM and possibly copied to 2010, do you know?

Terry

I'm trying to remember back that far. Most of my Razorback driving was under TRS2004. Those were all scenario code. As I recall after logging into the website, you downloaded a scenario and some process that is vague to me checked that you had all the dependencies and if not then it downloaded them from the RBR site. Then you started the scenario from the scenario menu. When TRS2006 came out there were also sessions available using the rules system that was new. So I would assume that like now you would open for edit all the dependencies of the session as well as the session it self in TRS2006 and then drag and drop the folders from the editing folder to the CM in TS10. That is my guess. I'll download the Compendium and see what I can figure out.

William

I still use Razorback Railroad in Tane. I was able to get hold of a lot of the sessions, but they didn't work in Tane.
My RBR has been heavily modified over the years. I got hold of Dual at one stage but it required too much work to get it running.
Cheers,
Mike

Thanks for all the info/comments guys.
For some reason, RBR now gives me a warning in 2006 when trying to run a session that the map is faulty.
I try the ignore and continue option but it won't load.
This is the version that worked before, (with incorrect aspect ratio) but now I can't run anything!

Terry

Do an extended database repair. I ran one of the TRS2006 builtin scenarios on my old XP machine yesterday. Everything was fine.

William

Do an extended database repair. I ran one of the TRS2006 builtin scenarios on my old XP machine yesterday. Everything was fine.

William

Can't seem to find the extended database repair option in 2006.

It's obviously needed as everything I try to run gives the same faulty map message then ZILCH!

Terry

I seem to recall that starting CMP under the manage content section of the launch window will test and repair the database if needed.

Looking at the 2006 forum, it looks like deleting the assets.tdx and assets.bku files in the TRS2006 directory with nothing TRS2006 related running and then starting CMP will force a rebuild.

William

Last edited:
I seem to recall that starting CMP under the manage content section of the launch window will test and repair the database if needed.

Looking at the 2006 forum, it looks like deleting the assets.tdx and assets.bku files in the TRS2006 directory with nothing TRS2006 related running and then starting CMP will force a rebuild.

William

Yup this is it.

Shut things down. Delete the assets.tdx and .bku files and restart it up again.

I wish the current DBR's were that easy.

Back