Query: Wide-spaced multitrack tunnels

Scottbe8

UMR Pax Sessionz
After watching Felix's videos and driving his NEC route, I've come to realize that we don't have enough wide-spaced multitrack tunnels, or if we do I have yet to find them. Most of the tunnels out there have 3.0m spacing, like in the UK. Are there any tunnels out there with 5.0m track spacing as seen in the US?

For the route I am currently working on I use the old "Tunnel Darkstone" (kuid:-1:1029) in combination with JR MS Lt Grey (kuid2:45324:38022:3).
The tunnel is wide enough for 5m track spacing. What I do is put the spline points of the JR tracks 0.2m higher as the tunnel, which hides the original tunnel track and gets me the result I want.

Alot of tunnel portal problems can be solved with a static asset portal that is a building asset ... or by using a spline of a short section of stone or concrete viaduct

After watching Felix's videos and driving his NEC route, I've come to realize that we don't have enough wide-spaced multitrack tunnels, or if we do I have yet to find them. Most of the tunnels out there have 3.0m spacing, like in the UK. Are there any tunnels out there with 5.0m track spacing as seen in the US?

Hi all,

@scottbe: The route you drove on is the NEC v5-8 or something i made a few months ago.. in the current version (V16.2.15 which is more a complete new route than a NEC update) nearly everything changed:

@all:I only used the tunnel you mean in a.) Baltimore and b.) First Street Washington -Alexandria. The First Street Tunnel (s) are actually single track tunnels...i'll replace that today. The Baltimore tunnels are now the only ones where this asset is used. I only used it because it is faster than doing a tunnel with ajs holes. But since i already redid Penn Station NY and added realistic single track tunnels using ajs digholes (the tunnel has thirdrail...if you ask), i'll do the same with Baltimore. All i need is a good quality tunnel, if possible one that has lights on the sides...
Any suggestions? :D

Felix Richter

I have several spline object portals and tunnels that will take five meter spacing. They require a "dig Hole" to install. Click on my sig below and then go to "My Content". If these are what you are looking for, you can download them from the DLS.

There is also an installation tutorial on the site.

Joe

Yay! Thanks jrfolco ! ! !

The Tunnel in the pic is exactly what i was looking for :D Now i'm happy :p I'll install it as soon as possible and post a pic of it after i replaced it in Baltimore :)

Thanks again and happy trainzing,

Felix Richter

Yay! Thanks jrfolco ! ! !

The Tunnel in the pic is exactly what i was looking for :D Now i'm happy :p I'll install it as soon as possible and post a pic of it after i replaced it in Baltimore :)

Thanks again and happy trainzing,

Felix Richter

Hi Felix

Are you creating a route in Baltimore? The photo on my previous post is the B&O's Howard Street tunnel in Baltimore. My current route under construction, is the "Harpers Ferry to Baltimore". I've been working on it for about a month.

Joe

Back