Problems With DLS in CMP

Guilford309

So i recently decided to try and download some stuff from the download station, how ever it just sits there saying "Downloading/Installing 0.00bytes of 0.00 bytes" and showing i have no connection in the network speed window
But it lets me download through FTP, unfortunatly it says packs can not be downloaded this way... Is there anything i can do ?

I know comcast has some sort of firewall preventing certain programs like torrents and chat rooms to work, but wouldnt it do this to the FTP too?

What is the kuid number of the item? I have seen a lot of "Packs" on the DLS station that have no Pack attached, not sure of why this happens but it is rather common to me ...... sadly.

Craig
:):):)

Nor do I, but if I know the kuid number then I can try downloading it as well. If it does not work for me then it is not something you are doing wrong or your set up. This helps eliminate some problems.

Craig

under search on the DLS site it comes up as prodpack2 that is the entire pack ive been trying. i guess it lets me download each product one at a time, which would work in ftp

So i recently decided to try and download some stuff from the download station, how ever it just sits there saying "Downloading/Installing 0.00bytes of 0.00 bytes" and showing i have no connection in the network speed window
But it lets me download through FTP, unfortunatly it says packs can not be downloaded this way... Is there anything i can do ?

I know comcast has some sort of firewall preventing certain programs like torrents and chat rooms to work, but wouldnt it do this to the FTP too?
Without knowing the kuid number for the item, it is hard for me to check. In your first post though you refer to "0kb of 0kb" to download. This is an error that happens from time to time and no one at Auran have ever been able to work out what causes it. It has been occurring for about 4 years now. In 99% of cases Auran can fix it once reported to the Helpdesk.

I think in your other thread on this you mention it has been downloaded a number of times, this may not be true if it is the error I am thinking of. This may actually mean that there have been "XXX" number of attempts to download it.

Craig

Download Success

I had an amazing breakthrough last night!!

CM2 actually downloaded ten items. The first in a long time that it worked.

Alas, today it is back to normal, just sitting there, not doing anything.

That is the intermittent nature of CM2. It may work for me again some time in the future, or maybe SOON, so it's back to sleep for CM2 :sleep:

I knew it would not last.

Pete

I have the same issue with CMP in TRS2006..so I found a solution which worked for me and might work for you as well.

Trainz Download Helper - can't remember the site I d/loaded it from though.

Works with packs as well.

Just import the cdp files into CMP as normal and commit as normal.

Well least im not only one with DLS/CMP problems......
Using 2006 and classics 1/2
For a while I could only DL from ftp now I cant and the CMP keeps sayin server is busy............
I only assume Auran changed servers and that be a problem they may fix one day ?

Dave =)

Back